Crazy Ex-Girlfriend | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Island, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Yeah, I was kinda hoping for a version minus the talking bit as well.
  2. That was the most perfect episode. A series high.

I had all the feels all the way through. So good. Such emotional turmoil and yet laugh out loud funny.

Still here for Rebecca and hate Josh so they haven’t gone too far yet. Although I’m not hoping for any real closure any time soon, or any real progress, after the themes of this episode.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I do love/admire how they can get so dark and really touch on serious mental ilnesses yet keep things funny at the same time.
  4. Charley

Charley Moderator

aaronhansome and lushLuck like this.
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Wow. And ouch.
    It sorta was unavoidable they'd get there and I sorta love how they touch upon serious issues, but still.. I need to process this.
  6. Very much felt like the climax of the series to me.

I think the show will be different now and will be working towards its end-game, probably at the end of series 4.

I‎t has turned a corner which means that I think Josh will be very much in the rear view mirror for Rebecca as we watch a likely difficult journey to health.
    popprincess and Mvnl like this.
  7. Not surprising - the same thing happened to Christina Aguilera's songs when she appeared on Nashville. They weren't able to sell or stream them due to her existing label contract.
  8. Rob

Wow this week's effort was a seriously tough watch but brilliantly done. Rachel Bloom hopefully has the Emmy locked down after this.
    Mvnl, popprincess and Utopia like this.
  9. This was a dark & incredible episode. They really aren't playing around this season & I commend them for hitting the mental health issues head on.
    Rob, Mvnl, popprincess and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Apparently Rebecca will get a diagnosis next episode.
    Also they confirmed this season dr Akopian will be back (and singing), the show will get more lighthearted again, and 'there might be puppets'.
  11. Such a strong episode this week.
    Mvnl likes this.
  12. ONAIfoINSFiuFIbIYAbs jEsssSUs

Absolutely here for the return of Dr. Akopian.
  13. pdf

LOVE that the actress is called Michael Hyatt.
  14. A very hard episode to watch this week, once it finished I didn't really know what to do so I just kind of sat quietly. Rachel Bloom is fantastic, and deserves every award under the sun for her portrayal, not just this episode but for the whole season.
    Rob, lushLuck, Lila and 4 others like this.
  15. I enjoyed the stuff focusing on Rebecca and Paula but why are meaningless background characters suddenly being pushed to the front at the expense of Heather, Valencia etc? It’s happened every episode this series and it’s really annoying. It’s so pointless, that one guy got his own song?! I hope this is temporary because it’s thrown the balance of the show out of whack.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Just rewatched the first trailer.. was Darryl recast??
  18. Maybe they recast after the pilot was shot.
  19. Michael McDonald was going to showrun his own ABC show by the time Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was picked up by The CW, I believe.

It’s easy to spot the lower budget scenes they added to the Showtime version of the pilot to make it an hour long CW show. Like the lighting is way different.
    Mvnl likes this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

The show is really outdoing itself this season with every episode.
    Still don't know how to sell it to people without spoilering too much, but god they did build and build to such a rewarding 3rd season. Maybe less comedy than in season 1 but I just love how real things are getting, from Becs to Nathaniel to Valencia.
    JapaneseJesus and aniraz like this.