Crazy Ex-Girlfriend | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Island, Oct 13, 2015.

1. First Penis I Saw has given my life new meaning.
    lushLuck likes this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Was a bit of a inbetween episode.
    That being said, this scene was one of the most relatable pieces of tv I ever saw:

lushLuck and aniraz like this.
  4. Didn't like the parts with Paula's dad at all.
  5. Was quite a middling episode for me same with the songs. I thought I would stan First Ever Penis I Saw more but I I thought it would be more over the top.
  6. I actually quite appreciated this episode, to be honest. Not a lot happened per se, but given the pretty intense nature of every episode of the series thus far, an episode of relative light relief was probably due. Nice to see Paula getting a bit more character development, and I feel like a few things for the latter half of the series have now started to be put into place.
    Rob likes this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

This episode. Its songs. It really just keeps getting better.
  8. I've loved a lot of the songs in the past two seasons, but is it just me or was the vocal mixing better in season 1? There's a flatness and roughness to the production of a lot of its newer numbers, which prevent them from being fully enjoyable outside of the context of the series. I'm sure the big pop music videos are more expensive to make than its more traditional musical moments, which might be why we haven't gotten a lot of them this year, but it's slightly annoying knowing how good these songs could have been. Just listen to "Feeling Kinda Naughty" compared to "Fit Hot Guys Have Problems Too" from last night.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. I don't think they have as much budget to play with as they once did.
    lushLuck likes this.
  10. I love this show too much.

That’s all I can say!
    lushLuck and HarryEzra like this.
  11. It's great fun but I'm feeling like it's starting to lose steam just a little. I have no idea where another season would take things.
    Rob and Mikl C like this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

It does feel like they're near wrapping things up nicely, but then they always had a 4-year plan so I have no worries they know exactly where they're heading next year.
  13. I think they should end it before it just becomes a cliche.
  14. I feel like what would help things if some of the characters had something to do aka Valencia and Heather. They need something to do other than helping Rebecca.
    aniraz likes this.
  15. Yes. They've been sidelined a little this season and it's made them quite boring to watch.
    HarryEzra likes this.
  16. The budget constraints are really showing in every aspect of the show outside of the writing and the main cast. Everything just feels cheap, the new sets (or lack of new sets), song production, lack of bed music and the guest stars seem . . . very lacking.

The talent is still A+ and the show is still one of my favorites but my god the show needs a cash injection quickly. Co Produced Season 4 by Netflix maybe?
    Smooth Criminal and Lila like this.
  17. Yeah, I am kinda missing the HQ music videos esthetics which rarely seem to apply now.
  18. I'm so glad Heather got a sub-plot this week and some progress with her storyline and character.
    aniraz, lushLuck and spillett like this.
  19. Loved this week's episode! It was refreshing to see the show move the plot forward so quickly without sacrificing character; at this point last season it felt like it rushed through a lot of important character beats to get to the finale and nothing here felt too jarring to me (as usual, I wish they had spent more time with Valencia though). A few weeks ago I might have been somewhat content with the show ending after this season, but this episode just reminded me of how creative and insightful this show can be.
    Mvnl and HarryEzra like this.