Cults - Cults (Album) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cults - Cults (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jun 6, 2011.

1. So another great pop album of 2011 (Cocknbullkid anyone?) misses the top 100 the week after release. I thought Cults had been pretty well hyped on the blogs etc. I absolutely love the album. Perfect summery 60s Spector-esque etc pop. Hoping to see them in Cambridge in August at the rescheduled Haymakers gig.

2. Re: Cults

I bought the album. I didn't bother mentioning it here because the repsonse to Cat's Eyes was a bit poor. It's a cool album...

3. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Amended the thread title to make it not look like it's about religion...

4. It's a real grower. Like a poppier Sleigh Bells minus the distortion!

5. Thanks Sock Money! I realised it might look a bit odd after I posted it!

6. I'm going to listen to this. Is there a Lily Allen connection? (She seemed to be bigging them up a lot on Twitter.)

7. They are the first signing to her label which is a subsidary of Sony.

8. Oh! That makes sense then, thanks!

9. Oh, wow. I've been meaning to give this a listen, but that has just persuaded me!

10. You Know What I Mean is one of the singles of the year to me. Listening to it is like being at prom with your loved one, putting your head against his shoulder and knowing that everything is going to be okay.

Not that I've ever done that, but it's the general feeling I get from it.

11. Been listening to it now. Like it a lot. Surprised it's not yet reached notoriety outside of the "indie circles".

12. It sounds very Summer Camp to me, actually. I like it a lot.

13. I'm thinking of buying this when it comes out tomorrow. Does anybody know if there is a booklet or any reason to buy the physical copy?

14. It has a nice fold out poster sleeve.

15. ops

ops

Very nice album. After I finished it the first time I put it on again straight away, which I haven't done with a new album in ages.

16. M.I.A. has Sleigh Bells, Lily has Cults! I think I may really enjoy this.

17. Fantastic album. It's summer in music form. 'Walk at Night' and 'Never Heal Myself' are standouts for me at this point, although all the tracks are flawless.

18. I enjoyed it. Not enough to buy it, I don't think (it got a bit samey), but it was nice enough. (Also the first two or three tracks the vocals were WELL fuzzy, as if the microphone was covered with wool or something. Tsk.)

19. I think that's the point though, innit? It's a lovely bit of softness.

20. True "dat", but I couldn't make out a word she was saying. (I realise I sound like a granddad. And I don't even care about lyrics! It was... just an observation.)