Debbie Gibson | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Debbie Gibson

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Booers, Jul 5, 2006.

1. All of them

Rooneyboy likes this.
  2. Not a fan of that album?

3. They've done an excellent job on the 'We Could Be Together' set. The quality is startlingly good!

Joanie likes this.
  4. If only Amazon hadn’t got the signed/ unsigned orders mixed up!

unnameable likes this.
  5. Play the Field and Between the Lines.

And sorry @VivaForever but So Close To Forever, The Most Beautiful Love Song, and One Hand One Heart are the only Debbie songs I've heard so far that I can actually say "no thanks" to.

6. Genuinely shocked more people have not commented on this. I wonder if it’s on all copies? It’s getting 5 star reviews & no-one else appears to have even noticed that!

Weird.

7. Wait, there are 2 tracks from Out Of The Blue not included, and people aren't noticing or bothered? That *is* bizarre. They're meant to be complete albums, no?

Joanie likes this.
  8. Yes, that’s why it’s so strange that it has several 5 Star Reviews on Amazon.

In other news, Amazon have failed to provide me with a signed copy on the 2nd attempt (after their assurances that the 2nd Copy would be).

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. Wait, everyone - I am talking of the A's and B's 2 Disc collection!

Vasilios and Eric Generic like this.
  10. Good news.

Thanks for clarifying.

Eric Generic likes this.
  11. To be fair, the album is probably improved by their absence.

(Edit: Oh.)

Eric Generic likes this.
  12. Thankfully I got the signed print with the Debbie Gibson box set. No Amazon exclusive sticker on the front so I got a little worried. The set looks great, just opened it!

Joanie likes this.
  13. Ah! Phew all round.

tylerc904 likes this.
  14. So if you like Debbie and the first two albums make sure you sample this album that surprisingly is on Spotify

This was the hit I knew from 1990:

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. I'm sad to say that I really didn't enjoy anything else in the box set after the first album bar a few tracks here and there so think I'll just pop it on ebay unless anyone here fancy's a bargain

Eric Generic and Vasilios like this.
  16. This was my fear. Glad I stuck with the compilation, though I would snap up standalones of the first two albums in a heartbeat!

Eric Generic likes this.
  17. Because both Debbie & Kylie came out around the same time, I felt guilty for not keeping in touch with Debbie (as I had with Kylie), so I felt this was the perfect opportunity to catch up. I’m confident the later day material will have the ability to grow on me & the Videos DVD inparticular (being a highlight, along with the remixes), is going to become very sought after.

Interesting fact . . The videos for “Anything Is Possible” By Debbie & the Video for “Step Back In Time” by Kylie, were both filmed in Los Angeles, on the same day in 1990 in different locations. Debbie had booked most of the available contemporary dancers in Town & Kylie didn’t have enough, so a phone call was placed by Kylie to Debbie’s team, asking if she had any to spare & Debbie (being the kind soul that she is), sent a whole load over to Kylie’s set to be transformed into 70’s garb (to the detriment of the finished “Anything Is Possible” video, which was storyboarded to have a crowd of missing dancers).

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 5:20 PM
    WarZard, blod, Eric Generic and 3 others like this.
  18. Can’t you just return it and get a refund?

I feel bad that I’ve made zero effort to discover this box set, so much has come out recently and I’ve found myself hooked on Tears for Fears greatest hits, on top of Pvris’ new album.

The box set has been sat on my desk since it arrived, it hasn’t moved.

Black Melody and Eric Generic like this.
  19. I actually wasn't aware I could send open items back that had been used, seems that I can, thank you

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 8:14 PM
    Eric Generic likes this.
  20. So I have only just discovered the PWL remix of Anything Is Possible. What a bop!

idratherjack likes this.