Delta Goodrem - General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delta Goodrem - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by neonknives, Jan 21, 2008.

1. 'Believe Again'

It is the most expensive Australian music video ever, apperently. A bit odd but a bit alright.

Erm, 'Ray of Light'-lite?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  2. Re: Delta Goodrem

I love this video. Its beautiful and I really want this released in the UK pronto!

3. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Delta Goodrem

I am in love with I Can't Break It To My Heart off Delta. Such an anthemic power ballad, we have a shortage of those lately.

I bought the ltd edition of Delta with the fancy metalic printing and the free postcards from Music & Video Camden for 8 pounds, was really happy about that.

4. Re: Delta Goodrem

I can't get into the new album for some reason and I'm a big Delta fan. Played the first two albums non stop.

I think its cos I know she gets porked nightly by Brian McFadden that puts me off.

5. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Ew! Stop it!

6. Sephi101

Sephi101 Guest

brian mcfadden... what does she see in that man! *vomits*

the clip is amazing, the bit in the caves a bit shit, but the video is one of the best ive seen in a while, backed by a pretty decent tune, it should score her a hit

she looks a bit like the blonde from fantastic 4 when shes on the rotating stone, which can only be a good thing!

WHY OH WHY ISNT THIS GIRL ABSALOUTELY HUGE!

this is the sort of video she should have used to tap into the american market

7. Re: Delta Goodrem

Its true!

Why have I not seen this video yet?

I do a mean impression of the 'In this life' video!
    *sits on chair*
    *stands up*
    *sits on another chair*

8. Re: Delta Goodrem

Surely, this video will make everyone in the UK stand-up and be like WOW! Delta has made it to #2 as the most attractive female according to Hello magazine - and thats the UK. (though i bet most votes were from Australian fans as there is a thread pinned about this on her official website) Its still good exposure here and if a similar charting is with the FHM later in the year, it could really help Delta along.

Delta is i feel now coming to herself what she should have been a few years ago had it not been for the cancer. She is a very sexy and beautiful woman, but though she is showing herself as sexy - she's not revealing anything, which is what i love about her. She doesn't have to show her body to sell

9. Re: Delta Goodrem

I don't really mind Delta. I don't like her music overly much, I'm not really into power balladry particularly, but I don't dislike her. However, I think the problem is that she doesn't really seem to offer anything any different. Yes, she does have an amazing voice, but you need brilliant songs to go with it. She just doesn't grab your attention, which she could do, she's not exactly bosted.

She did have a big hit with her first single in the UK, and I just don't think it was ever capitalised.

And going with McFadden...PR nightmare that one *shudders*

10. Re: Delta Goodrem

I am slightly obsessed with this song now!

Still can't get into the album much. The only songs I like are 'Woman', 'Possessionless' and 'I can't break it to my heart'

11. Re: Delta Goodrem

Ahaha I saw that AFI performace, the first half is so cheesy but it does start to get good halfway through..

I am surprised she isn't bigger in the UK and the US. She's like a 'hip' Celine Dion.

12. Re: Delta Goodrem

Brave Face is one of my favorite songs. I actually like most of the new album, a bit more upbeat.

And I want to know what the third single will be, I'm betting You Will Only Break My Heart since she's performed it a couple of times.

13. Re: Delta Goodrem

I'd love to see you do the part where Delta spazzes it out on the chair and flails her limbs about...

Also, the most amazing thing about the Believe Again clip is that white jewel thing she has on her eyelids during that floating with fabric flying about it. Everytime she blinks it looks like her eyes are still open but they aren't. Every pop video must now have bizarre eye make up.

14. Re: Delta Goodrem

I think that's the best part, because of how amazing she looks. I love the glitter and shit. I don't like when they show her randomly floating in air, all bent around. The video's bizarre - but it's good.

15. Re: Delta Goodrem

I hadn't noticed that - goes and checks

16. Re: Delta Goodrem

Easy! I'm a gay. My limbs flail about anyway!

17. Re: Delta Goodrem

Looks like it'll be released other places as well. In Winter of 2008 (not sure if they mean January/February or December) it'll be released in the U.S. and the rest of the world.

I'm happy, even if it flops, I'll get to buy the album in a store and not import it like I was planning.

18. Re: Delta Goodrem

You should still import the special edition Oz album. It's so pretty!

19. Re: Delta Goodrem

But the U.S. edition might be better! And I'm cheap. I have to keep $200 in my bank account and I think I'm at my limit right now. Yay, no job.