Desperate Housewives (US Pace) | Page 118 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperate Housewives (US Pace)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Toxicated, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Doug Savant was gorgeous. I loved that homoerotic film he did with Rob Lowe.

2. Tom was a major DILF. Plus he seemed like a "nice, family man" so it was easier to like him.

To be fair, there weren't many men on Wisteria Lane that I didn't find attractive.

3. Tom could be a real prick at times though with some idiotic ideas. Glad things worked out though...

4. Doug Savant maintained a big ol booty throughout and that was a major selling point for me!

5. Yeah Doug Savant was my ideal Wisteria Lane husband.

Smooth Criminal, phily693 and Island like this.
  6. Carlos aged the best.

7. Carlos was my Number 2.

Island likes this.
  8. Iconic
    [​IMG]

9. Still use regularly.

Trinu 3.0, Threeney and snoho like this.
  10. Mike, Carlos and Tom were all hot in their own ways.

11. Another vote for Tom!

I love this show. The scene where Susan has ‘whore’ spray painted on her house by the wife of her long lost father (I think, the father was never seen again) and Edie drives by is a classic.

IndyRS likes this.
  12. Oh God yes, Doug Savant. YUM. His character on Melrose Place was groundbreaking for me, personally.

Terminus and lushLuck like this.
  13. I'm screaming at this page. Yas.

14. Currently enjoying a rewatch of season 1. God I miss this show when it was in its prime.

LP, Lander, IndyRS and 7 others like this.
  15. I love when shows do flashbacks to before the first episode, and characters have wildly different hair than they normally do. Look at Lynette work that weave and bangs.

and Susan's perm.

Nobody has funny hair here, I'm just posting it cos uff Carlos

16. I hope they don't reboot it ever. It ran its course. Season 1 was peak television - there was no better show on tv that year. Seasons 2-4 remained pretty solid, and then I think around 5 it started to lose its footing. I think I stuck with it through 6 and then completely jumped ship for 7 and 8, though I did watch the series finale.

Susan was just unbearable. Some of that was Teri and some of it was the writing, but she was God awful. All the others were my favorite at one point or another. Marcia and Felicity really owned season 1. Eva's character got funnier as the show went on.

17. I loved Eva in the season 8 episode where she was a tobacco loving lesbian.

18. Agreed. I always wanted to warm to Susan but then she would do something really stupid that would just stop me.

And the scene where Bree finds out that Rex has died is still probably one of my favourite scenes on television ever. Marcia Cross really is phenomenal!

tylerc904, berserkboi and rav4boy like this.
  19. I really need to rewatch this whole series at some point.

20. Yes! I was truly going to post that exact clip at the end of my post but decided I was too lazy to do the youtube search. She is pitch perfect in that scene. I can't imagine anyone else as Bree. Others characters I can imagine someone else - I remember a rumor that they initially wanted Courteney Cox to be Susan, and I can actually see that (and probably would have preferred her), but with Bree they hit pay dirt with Marcia Cross.

The other scene that always comes to mind that I love is when she agrees to do the s&m thing with Rex and he tells her to pick a control word and she picks "boisy", and he tells her it needs to be a serious word and she says "Hmm. How about Palestine?" It always cracks me up. The right pauses, the inflection in her voice on certain words. Felicity's Emmy that year was deserved but Marcia was just as deserving.

HollyDunnSomething likes this.