Desperate Housewives (US Pace) | Page 119 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperate Housewives (US Pace)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Toxicated, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Marcia should have been nominated during the first 4 seasons.

LP and Macanudo like this.
  2. The role of Susan nearly went to Calista Flockhart, who the producers originally wanted, but she turned it down. I genuinely thought Teri Hatcher was amazing in that role- Susan wasn't always a very likeable character, but then again all the housewives did some pretty selfish things at one point or another.

LP likes this.
  3. It’s getting added to Now TV box sets in May.

4. Oh honey I'm old, I have the actual DVD boxsets.

tylerc904, lushLuck, rav4boy and 2 others like this.
  5. So how old are you? /Kandy Ho.gif/

I have the first 2 seasons on dvd. For some reason those boxes are huge.

HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  6. I do too. It was the first TV show I got on DVD. This thread is making me want to rewatch it but I have too many other shows to watch.

HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  7. Aw for fuck sake, I just bought them all on iTunes.

LP and rav4boy like this.
  8. "(US Pace)"

send photo, Rob, Animalia and 13 others like this.
  9. I started buying the DVD boxsets when it was still good, so the question is: do I bung them all in a charity shop or get the last two from somewhere and put myself through them again someday?

10. Queens. Poor Teri.

Bslg17, Rob, Maria and 12 others like this.
  11. I don't think their professional relationship ever recovered from the Vanity Fair cover debacle.

[​IMG]

12. Entertainment Weekly did a big article on the show for its final episode and (from what I remember) what people on the crew said was that things were relatively friendly or at least cordial until mid season 5 when Teri did something that caused friction and it was the other 3 against her from then on. Nicolette was out the door at that point, but I believe she's on the record as calling Teri "the meanest woman in the world" so that probably says where she stands.

13. I can't find the article you're referring to (maybe it wasn't EW?) but I did find this one and it was a super fun read. Lots of great quotes... Hatcher comes off incredibly bitter.

Hatcher: [At the first table read] there was a lot less Botox and fillers, fake hair, and boob padding, for sure.
    Hatcher: Fans became disappointed in Susan’s arc of stories after the first season. I think Wikipedia says, regarding the later seasons, that ”Teri Hatcher managed to stay likable with bad story lines.”
    Hatcher: I think Susan peaked at naked in the bushes.

The candid discussion of season 2 is so great:

Cherry: I can now be honest about this: I just didn’t have a good idea…. I might have done something different had I had more time to think about it.
    Woodard: It was admitted to me. The writers said, ”We’re shoved into a corner right here, our mystery story line is not our strongest suit, so we’re working on that.”
    Savant: It’s not politically correct, but Alfre’s talents were wasted on our show. It just wasn’t the right fit. I adore her and her talent.

Maria likes this.
  14. I found it! It was TV Guide (random):

Afterward, Huffman, Cross and Longoria hung out for 40 minutes and "sat there crying, hugging and reminiscing," says Huffman. Adds Cross: "It was a sweet, private moment for us."

If you've picked up that "us" seems to consistently exclude Hatcher a lot lately, there's a reason — just not one anyone wishes to discuss on the record. Suffice it to say something went down two seasons ago that created a deep rift with Hatcher, who physically separates herself from the others during breaks in filming. It couldn't have helped matters that Nicollette Sheridan's wrongful-termination trial revealed that producers had allegedly considered writing Hatcher out of the series in Season 5, a claim Cherry downplays.

"I will never disclose the true and complicated journey of us all, but I wish everyone on this show well," says Hatcher via email.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/desperate-housewives-finale-scoop-1046793/

15. ddddd the way Hatcher describes all of the characters and then Susan. "Four really complementary characters: a selfish girl, a harried woman, a repressed control freak and a soul-searching, well-meaning fumbler." I mean it's accurate but I could think of a few choice words for Susan other than 'well-meaning' and 'soul-searching'.

berserkboi, Drew and Island like this.
  16. Susan was just a hopeless klutz of a hot mess.

It's not like Nicollette really got on with the other women either. Ms. Joosten said that she was always late and missed her lines.

Teri's "I'm was a has been and now look where I am" vibe during season 1 was kind of off putting.

It did seem that Teri was close with James Denton and Andrea Bowen, though. She didn't want them to write Julie out of the show ddd.

They should have kept Danielle in the show longer than they did for the kii.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    phily693 and berserkboi like this.
  17. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I mean, in the end it's just people showing up for their job and even 3 of them clicking is fortunate (or not).
    Let's just be glad they weren't a girlband.

phily693 and berserkboi like this.
  18. I didn't know they were considering writing Teri out, Susan has always seemed like the leak character like it or not.

19. Calista as Susan would have been great. She had already played the least likable character in ensemble before and probably would have been more of a big deal than Teri since Ally McBeal was quite a bit bigger than Lois and Clark.

Either way Susan was an unenjoyable mess.

Island likes this.
  20. What's considered to be the best mystery besides season 1? Is there a fan consensus?