Difficult People | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficult People

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by truman, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Produced by Amy Poehler. Starring Billy Eichner and Julie Klausner.

Looks fun. Coming to Hulu in August.

2. I am totally here for this.

3. More excited about the guest actors than the main actors.

4. Uno

Uno

Has anyone been watching this at all? I'm in the middle of Season 1 and it's hilarious. I even cried during one episode cause it was so funny. Julie Klausner, Andrea Martin, and Gabourey Sidibe are fucking hilarious.

There are definitely a few misses in jokes, but I always audibly laugh at least once an episode - which is more than most shows where I merely chuckle.

5. Literally my favorite television show of the last 2 years or longer. Can't wait for Season 2 tomorrow!

Syzygyz and Uno like this.
  6. I think I saved this one as it read like my cup of tea, but wasn't it a short run?

7. Uno

Uno

It was only 8 episodes but Season 2 is released tomorrow and it will be 10 episodes. Such a great show to fill in for Broad City in between seasons.

8. I don't find Julie to be nearly as fun as Billy, but season 1 overall was a blast. Perfect season for my slightly hungover Sunday.

9. Yas!
    So excited this is back.

Can't believe my thread is finally lifting off after a year.
    Rise up, Lotus, rise up.

Terminus likes this.
  10. I've just started watching this and, despite it being a bit obvious, I'm really enjoying it.

It's like the acerbic version of comfort television.

11. It almost rivals American Horror Story in the "made by the gays, for the gays"-scale, but there's still a lot of heart behind it.

12. I love this show but sometimes it hits a little too close to home and I feel like I'm an awful person like them.

Nunya B and Uno like this.
  13. Uno

Uno

I love the new trans waitress character. Very hilarious.

Was also cackling at Nyle NiMarco's "choke on my dick" scene.

14. …when did Billy Eichner get hot

15. Horse: The story of a single mother who has to sell heroin to pay for her transgender child's love of horseback riding. Winner of best comedy 2 years in a row.

This show is too good.

lushLuck and JapaneseJesus like this.
  16. The constant Kevin Spacey drags give me SO much life.

17. I've been obsessed with Billy for quite some time but the first two episodes of this season are a big step up from last season which was solid on it's on merit.

The Trans waitress is brilliant and John Mulaney playing an old timey was sooooooo funny.

diamondliam likes this.
  18. That sauna scene... zaddy.

Rhombus and Jwentz like this.
  19. Just started this based on this thread. I'm on episode four. Very funny and I agree, it feels like it was created for a very particular audience. Watching it with my family and they find the general laughs great but the obscure celebrity references which I find for the most part funny, go right over their heads. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

20. This is the best comedy I've seen premiere in the last year. It repeatedly makes me cry with laughter. I've always enjoyed Bill On The Street, but I might like him even more here. The chemistry between him and Julie is great, and Andrea and Gabby are standout supporting players.

I'm also fairly convinced the two lead characters are entirely based on me.