Difficult People | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficult People

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by truman, Jun 30, 2015.

1. "That traffic was like the first scene in La La Land: it sucked."

One of the best episodes of the series and if it is the end, at least it went out on a high note.

2. I'm really hoping we get another season but have it set in LA. If it doesn't get renewed then I'll be content because I really did like the last episode as well.

diamondliam and VitaminBee like this.
  3. I thought it was an awful episode. So unfocused and terribly structured.

truman likes this.
  4. I agree.

But I guess the last scene was a nice send-off. There REALLY isn't anything more to do with the show. Let it die.

5. The final episode was actually probably my favorite of the season. It has a lot of the charm that was lacking for most the season. I do agree though that it should be the last season. Let Julie move onto something else and act more!

diamondliam likes this.
  6. Finally got around to watching the finale & agree it was one of the best of this shaky season. It was a perfect series finale, so I hope it ends up serving as such. I can't take another season if the quality keeps dropping.

VitaminBee likes this.
  7. Just finished the third season. Have to agree with the general sentiment on here. Shaky is generous. It felt like the whole thing imploded with their attempts to be more grounded and realistic and less caustic and mean. You know, kind of like Tori Amos' career in middle age. And, I say that as someone who liked season 1 and absolutely loved season 2.

BTW, were the "Welcome to Our House" videos anyone else's introduction to Julie back in the day? They were parodies of Brenda Dickson's "Welcome to My Home" videos from the 80s which, I believe, were actually first parodied by the fabulous Deven Green.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    lushLuck likes this.
  8. Some of these are brutal.

9. Yeah S03 already felt like a final season so I'm not surprised but I still gonna miss this stupid, amazing show.

lushLuck likes this.
  10. R.I.P.

It's for the best but they still made some damn great television that I will cherish forever.

11. Yeah, it had a satisfying and complete run. Finished at the right time!

lushLuck likes this.