Dragula: Search for the World's Next Drag Supermonster | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragula: Search for the World's Next Drag Supermonster

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Tiger Suit, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Kirkland and Animalia like this.
  2. No idea what I just watched but I think it was amazing? Colour me intrigued.

3. The best season of Drag Race that isn't Drag Race!!!

I'll definitely watch this because I adore The Boulet Brothers. Mad genius duo.

Mikey1701 and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  4. Did I really just witness someone staple their head? No Ma'am.

Uno and Mikey1701 like this.
  5. Sharon Needles. So influential!

Mikey1701 likes this.
  6. This looks so bloody good.

Waiting for the first queen to pull the wig/brain stunt on Drag Race.

Mikey1701 likes this.
  7. How are they gonna make a decent web show when they can't even set up decent lighting for drag queens

Serving every pore and crevice and layer of foundation

LP, constantino, junglefish and 2 others like this.
  8. I've linked to a video of each girl and who's who in the video (I think it's all correct)

9. You haven't witnessed the brilliant UK show "Drag Queens of London" yet, have you?

stuaw likes this.
  10. I watched it and 'brilliant' is a hop, skip, leap, and a stretch.

Uno likes this.
  11. Haha, I liked it and what really stuck out were those unretouched close-ups in 1080p were you could see the stubble creeping out of the caked on foundation.

12. The title just makes me think of the Rob Zombie song.

Christopher and Kirkland like this.
  13. This lot makes Sharon Needles look like a pageant queen. Consider me perched.

stuaw and Monkey0 like this.
  14. This was really entertaining. I love Horror and Drag so perfect for me and Darren Stein as a guest judge, amazing. They really needed to show the girls names though, haven't gotten arround to discern them from each other. I thought Vander's Witch was brilliant and I like all the girls crunchiness and charisma. Shame next episode is two weeks away.

15. That was my kind of runway. They all looked amazing and brought some unique and interesting interpretations of "Witch".
    I may be biased because I always thought my would-be drag character would be a witch

Xochi, Frankie, Foxie and Vander had my favourite looks.

The reaction towards Melissa at the beginning... I'm guessing she's a known queen?

16. Not bad actually and some of the production looked great. The judging bit was a bit amateur but great effort. I think a lot of them are new enough and Melissa has been doing it a few years so that was probably the reason for the reaction.

17. Those looks made me gagging. Of course it lacks in production department but those challenges were insane.

Kirkland likes this.
  18. I love it. Dragula feels very much in the spirit of Drag Race Season 1. These are my sort of drag queens and I'd love to see them in front of Ru. Yes there's no budget but fuck it - drag has become too polished and slick.

Melissa strikes me as a Violet mark II.

19. All I need is more drama because it feels very rushed.