Drake - God's Plan & Diplomatic Immunity (New Singles) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drake - God's Plan & Diplomatic Immunity (New Singles)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by VicePresidentJocasta, Jan 20, 2018.

1. He needs a new sound and new feelings.

bichard, Mr Blonde, Rob and 15 others like this.
  2. I'm bored.

bess marvin likes this.
  3. Pitchfork on Diplomatic Immunity:

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/drake-diplomatic-immunity/

Find it pretty spot on.

There's something... cynical about this release.

4. I was hoping he'd take a break and recharge a bit, but guess who has egg on their face.

5. God's Plan is expected to debut at #1 on the Hot 100.

It broke the daily US record for Spotify (previously 4.03M by Humble):
    1 God's Plan by Drake 4,326,679

6. Also now set to also debut at #1 in the UK ddd.

Broke Apple Music's first-day global record with 14M streams worldwide.
    Likely will do 70 Million streams this week, which would be the highest individual week total for a song yet in Billboard history.

Bobbyrae likes this.
  7. All of this would be so much more interesting if the material was spectacular.

8. Well, I've never seen massive record-breaking success feel routine before.

9. His power is incredible. But yeah, it’s been time to switch things up musically.

10. Week 3 atop the Billboard Hot 100. Say what you will about him not changing/evolving his sound, the man always seems to know EXACTLY what will work in the streaming age. He's unstoppable right now.

Ray likes this.
  11. I just hate his complacency. Neither God's Plan or Diplomatic Immunity had any real replay value for me, I got bored of them both after a handful of listens. It's just the same thing over and over. At least Passionfruit was an undeniable bop. I hope the next album is different somehow but I won't hold my breath.

imperialsteroid likes this.
  12. If you own Take Care you've heard just about all there is to hear.

13. I love this video. It had me smiling all the way through which is just... much needed right now.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018 at 4:48 PM
    Ray, Bobbyrae, Rem and 3 others like this.
  14. The song is basic but I've been listening to it a lot.

The video... eh. I don't think it was executed very well. Parts of it were undeniably cute, parts of it made me feel uncomfortable with the money. It didn't read to me as "Drake donating his music video budget" but just looked like a gross display of his riches. Am I being uptight about it? Probably.

15. God's Plan is a fucking BOP and there's nothing anybody can do about it.

Ashling92 and Blond like this.
  16. I can't believe Comrade Drake is redistributing the wealth of record labels.

Let's get God's Plan to 17 weeks at #1.

disgruntledblaire, Ashling92 and Ray like this.
  17. And a new voice. Even that is boring.

18. He's doing 10M views a day on Youtube in the US alone.

The best thing about this is hopefully Harlem Shake finally losing its one-week streaming record because 1) people were like "no song will ever do that again!" and 2) Baauer was kinda obnoxious and the Azealia stan in me doesn't want him to have that record dddd.

Bobbyrae and Andy French like this.