Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Recommended over Twitter by Pawws so I checked it out. Wow what a stunning song and soaring vocal. She's only 19 apparently but managed to get Emile Haynie to produce this so big things must be expected.

2. I dig it. Not sure about the track, but there is potential. I'll give it some time.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  3. And it's appeared on UK iTunes too.

4. I need this on my phone ASAP. The type of work that Rihanna should be doing.

5. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Fantastic! I love the Rihanna mention too, and the thing is, she would probably love to sing a song like that.

6. She's friends with Harry Styles

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
  7. It took me a while, but I'm finally sold. New Love is incredible. In terms of melody, it's super strong, and I really enjoy the vocals. The video is cute too.

Dua Lipa's got a new single called Be the One coming out tomorrow, and I reckon this is going to be the post-initial buzz proper single? Should be interesting.

8. And it's here:

What a song. Amazing. New fave, definitely.

Bobbyrae and 2014 like this.
  9. My friend wrote this.

Love it.

10. 2014

2014 Moderator

Absolutely LOVE Be The One, everything works so perfectly, definitely has the potential to be a big song.

11. That video is stunning. Totally buying whatever she's selling.

12. I'm obsessed with these two tracks. They're both brilliant.

13. Just heard Be The One, like a brilliant mix of Haim and Ella Henderson. Hopefuly she has more like this to come.

14. New Love & Be The One are just buzz singles intended to get her name out there.

Warner will launch her 'properly' with Last Dance in the new year.

Read her Nylon interview here.

And boy, is she a stunner:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Jersey and Lost Boy like this.
  15. Just played twice in a row by Greg James. She is about to clean up.

2014 likes this.
  16. 'New Love' and 'Be The One' are two of my favourite singles this year.

17. Same. Very well crafted, beautifully produced, super catchy, current-sounding pop song. And Dua Lipa's vocals are really good.

NorthernStar likes this.
  18. I would be happy with her being the "Sound Of..." push for 2016. She gets bonus points for Isaac Carew.

19. Be The One is fucking incredible.

constantino likes this.