Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa | Page 179 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Lost in Your Light still has that Dua Lipa aesthetic in her songs but it kind of does sound like something her label needed her to cook up in order to re-do her sound or whatever.

Kuhleezi and slaybellz like this.
  2. I agree with this comment.

Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  3. Didn't Halsey also re-jig the track list for the Deluxe. I don't mind it when artists do that but like.. just release it as the normal album instead of making it the Deluxe.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  4. I'm quite enjoying Lost In Your Light.

Island, ALEX, Ferk and 2 others like this.
  5. Does it sound like Nick Jonas like I predicted?

6. If only.

Island and Noir like this.
  7. I usually trust you, but not on this one.

slaybellz likes this.
  8. I wish it sounded Nick Jonas, but it feels like Dua singing a Miguel track.

mylesofsmiles93, Island and Noir like this.
  9. Lost in Your Light is quite nice, it's probably my least favourite of what we've heard so far and I don't think it really fits in with everything else either.

10. Well I guess I'll keep my MQ rip of Want To and tack it on. The demo or whatever it is sounds fine to me.... but I'm not a record label so clearly I'm missing something.

Island likes this.
  11. I still like Lost in Your Light even though it's a change from the other songs we've gotten so far.

12. The album preorder is finally available in the US.

Island likes this.
  13. I like the production on the new song but the addition of "baby" to the end of every line just isn't doing it for me. It sounds clumsy.

14. Lost in your Light has potential and I really want to love it but it just doesn't 'click'. It's not catchy enough and doesn't really have much re-play value. Looks like I'll just keep Be The One on repeat.

15. I'm really liking Lost in Your Light. It's got a kind of sleekness compared to the other tracks, and it's a nice contrast.

I can see why it's got a mixed reaction though, and I can't see it doing anything big on the charts.

Ferk likes this.
  16. I like Lost In Your Light more than the other songs I've heard by her.

17. Really like this. Also I think Miguel has my favourite male voice so that helps.

18. I guess it's the single cover? Their voices sound really good together, I like it.

Island likes this.
  19. I'm just fucking exhausted by this whole thing now. There's still more than a month until this is released.

Mr.Arroz, Leopold, slaybellz and 4 others like this.
  20. I love the production of Lost in your Light, too bad the lyrics are just meh and forgettable. Love Miguel's voice so I will use.