Dua Lipa - Self Titled debut album (release date.......) | Page 180 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dua Lipa - Self Titled debut album (release date.......)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Aug 20, 2015.

1. I can't with her releasing another single that sounds nothing like any of her previous output.

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  2. I've completely lost interest in this campaign and her career in general, I'm now just a vulture waiting in the sidelines to see what bops I can salvage from the inevitable flop of an album.

3. I really like it but it wasn't worth delaying the album even further over. I'm happy the US can finally preorder the album, even if I did have to purchase all the prereleased songs again. I see you, Dua.

Island likes this.
  4. "It's about time" - Sarah Harding

JasonJay, AndrewX and Ghetto Boy like this.
  5. I mean, it's going to be a solid amount of bops but we've already heard half of them...

Mr.Arroz and Bruno Ferreira like this.
  6. A disaster waiting to happen

7. It says fan art. I think there's no cover. Spotify has the album cover

8. I mean... what? It's an OK song but it's an album filler and nothing else. Have we been waiting all this time for this?

alejandrusco likes this.
  9. Lost In Your Light does not deserve to be in the same album as Be The One

Txetxu likes this.
  10. Lost in Your Light has grown on me massively.
    Side-note, who even buys standard editions nowadays? Imagine struggling through this entire 'DL1' debacle to buy the fucking standard edition.

11. I love Lost In Your Light. The sequel to #Beautiful I never knew I needed.

12. I'm a bit shocked (and also a bit relieved) "No Lie" and "Scared To Be Lonely" don't make an appearance on the album, not even as bonus tracks. Maybe Warner isn't that hungry for album sales after all... Delaying your album for collaborations but not including any of them, though... This campaign is a legendary mess.

D.Jay and Leopold like this.
  13. Eh, I mean I quite like Lost In Your Light for what it is. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a track Miguel had lying around that didn't make Wildheart because it sounds exactly like that album production wise.

But again, is this actually the next UK single? Do they really think this will be a hit?

14. This is her very own Good Girl Gone Bad and I've been with that mentality since Last Dance (given just how different it, New Love and Be the One sounded next to each other). It's better this way.

15. I'm glad No Lie and Scared to be Lonely didn't make the album.

Leopold, PEARL and slaybellz like this.
  16. I would have been OK with Scared To Be Lonely on the deluxe album since I see that as mostly her song. No Lie would have stood out and not in a good way.

17. Lost In Your Light definitely sounded better in the heads of whoever created it.

18. The only song that I've liked of her's is "Be The One" - the rest are kinda poo.

19. Room For 2 is my favorite thing she's done so of course it gets shafted. It better not be a digital only deluxe!

TRAVVV and Island like this.
  20. They delayed the album for Miguel and Chris Martin collabs, which are on the album. Did you really think she would include a song where the only part she appears in is a chorus?