Ed Sheeran ÷ Discussion (3rd Album) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ed Sheeran ÷ Discussion (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Wildest Dream, Jan 1, 2017.

1. According to his Instagram, he stated that he'll be releasing some new music this Friday! Who's ready for this! I'm 100%.

Edit: Although there are many criticisms regarding his second album, nevertheless he is no doubt a talented songwriter/singer.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. *vomits*

3. Thinking Out Loud can burn but Bloodstream was acceptable.

Mikey1701, slaybellz and Island like this.
  4. It's not off to a good start with this Ed Sheeran news.

mattyjayy and Moondust like this.
  5. I'm excited if it's a proper lead single for a third album campaign-type situation, not so much if it's a one-off soundtrack song or something (although I'll obviously still listen to it).

It'll be nice to hear something new anyway; both me and the general public hammered the X era to death.

alanmr, agnete and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  6. I read that prior to his last 2 albums he changed his social media profile pictures to a block of colour (I think orange for + and green for X) and he's changed the pictures to blue now, which seems to be an indication of a new album campaign.

7. I'm here for more I See Fire (Kygo Remix)

8. I love Ed. He's incredible live and I can't wait to hear the new record and go to a few concerts.

9. RJF

RJF

You know what? The last album was actually good, so consider me slightly perched... but on a pylon a few miles away, not right in the tree.

Jwentz, alanmr, Sam de Jour and 16 others like this.
  10. British album campaigns, everyone.

Vasilios likes this.
  11. From all the white men with the guitars he has the least annoying songs, so let's hope for the best.

12. My post probably sounds odd but I really did read that online.

13. I totally get the opposition to Ed / his type of music, but the dude is incredibly talented. I didn't come around until X was released, but now I genuinely really like both records (though X is much, much stronger). I ended up seeing him twice on his last tour and it's truly amazing what he pulls off onstage by himself while also managing to keep the crowd with him the entire time. I can't recall being so impressed by a concert from a young artist in so long; seeing him live for the first time was what really solidified me becoming a big fan of his. He also seems incredibly down-to-earth which is refreshing in a sea of music industry douchebags with far less talent.

14. I still love his first album but his 2nd was a pass from me. I'll listen to the new stuff with low expectations.

bess marvin likes this.
  15. RJF

RJF

Yeah, he's an insanely talented musician and singer. I can't really think of any other guy in the industry currently who would be able to pull off the chorus to "Sing" without completely embarrassing themselves, and what he's able to do on stage is incredible.

Jwentz, s0118p, Diet Pop! and 6 others like this.
  16. RJF

RJF

This also lends more to the rumour that he's going to be headlining Glastonbury this year if he puts a new album out soon.

17. There are photos going around on Instagram of him shooting the video, presumably for the lead single, just before Christmas. I'd bet an album is coming no later than February.

18. Oh joy. More "guy with a guitar mediocrity".

Bleu Noir and bess marvin like this.
  19. He's had two albums in the can for awhile (presumably Subtract and Divide) -- I'm going out on a limb here and saying this one is Subtract

marie_05 likes this.
  20. I feel like Ed started the whole bullshit wave of crap 'credible' white boy guitar music; but he himself is not a bad artist.

s0118p, Jonathan27, marie_05 and 2 others like this.