Erasure - World Be Gone (May 19th 2017) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erasure - World Be Gone (May 19th 2017)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by michaelhird, Feb 23, 2017.

1. This album is Erasure's Release.

Pink Frost likes this.
  2. I'm starting my second listen. I'm enjoying it - the title song is the standout so far for me. I knew not to expect one, but I wish there was a Love To Hate You/Fingers & Thumbs style upbeat track on the album.

OspreyQueen likes this.
  3. Finally got around to listening to this.

As with most later albums I think it is an uneven listen with 2 or 3 tracks that make the whole enterprise worthwhile.

The good- lyrics aren't consistently awful and songs with camp titles (Oh What a World or Be Careful What You Wish For EXCLAMATION MARK) are a lot better and a lot darker than expected. Sonically similar to Snow Globe. Return of overloaded multi tracked backing vocals like what they used to do.

The bad- some duds and cringeworthy lyrics. I really think they need a decent proof reader to point out where sentences are awkwardly constructed, or key words are missing. Andy sounds rough on the lead vocals. A lot of the songs require him to reach for high notes he can't quite make. He needs to lay off the fags and drink more water.

So overall I would say interesting but doesnt quite fulfil its potential.

4. Oh wow, the album's gone top 10. Was not expecting that, especially not from this album in particular.

londonrain likes this.
  5. I'm liking the album more than I thought I would. Very chilled and relaxing (Erasure ST part 2). Finally got my non-alphabetized booklet and CD.

6. It's their best album in years, I am loving it.
    It deserved to go top 10, well done.