Erasure - World Be Gone (May 19th 2017) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erasure - World Be Gone (May 19th 2017)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by michaelhird, Feb 23, 2017.

1. This album is Erasure's Release.

2. I'm starting my second listen. I'm enjoying it - the title song is the standout so far for me. I knew not to expect one, but I wish there was a Love To Hate You/Fingers & Thumbs style upbeat track on the album.

OspreyQueen likes this.
  3. Finally got around to listening to this.

As with most later albums I think it is an uneven listen with 2 or 3 tracks that make the whole enterprise worthwhile.

The good- lyrics aren't consistently awful and songs with camp titles (Oh What a World or Be Careful What You Wish For EXCLAMATION MARK) are a lot better and a lot darker than expected. Sonically similar to Snow Globe. Return of overloaded multi tracked backing vocals like what they used to do.

The bad- some duds and cringeworthy lyrics. I really think they need a decent proof reader to point out where sentences are awkwardly constructed, or key words are missing. Andy sounds rough on the lead vocals. A lot of the songs require him to reach for high notes he can't quite make. He needs to lay off the fags and drink more water.

So overall I would say interesting but doesnt quite fulfil its potential.