Eurovision 2017 | Page 44 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovision 2017

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by TheChoirgirlHotel, May 15, 2016.

1. How is the Bulgarian entry so popular? Did he die or something? Teehee.

2. Bulgaria lost 12 points with Russia's withdrawal.

3. Charley

Charley Moderator

HELLO YOU ALL. I have finished my first listen of all the songs and there certainly are some "14th track in a New Music Friday playlist" kind of bops in there, aren't there?

I don't know if it's because these are the ones I did listen to when they first came out but The Netherlands, Australia and Belgium are still high up there for me. Other highlights include Bulgaria and Italy. I love the Irish song, but I don't think I should be holding my breath for it to do well, should I? As every year I find it hard to rank Sweden as I'm so overly familiar with the song. How's everyone feeling about Hungary? I also haven't figured out if I like Estonia because it is that bop or if I like it because it's the closest thing to old school Eurovision camp?

Txetxu likes this.
  4. I had a little get together with some friends yesterday and we ended up having a Pre Eurovision night.
    3 gays and 3 girls - we decided on this:

Our Top 10
    Macedonia
    Sweden
    Azerbaijan
    UK
    Estonia
    Belgium
    Germany
    Bulgaria
    Ireland
    Albania

Bottom 5 (in no order)
    San Marino
    Armenia
    Hungary
    Belarus
    Lithuania

Top Totty was a 50/50 split between Austria and Israel

It was agreed it was a pretty strong year this year.

michaelhird likes this.
  5. On May 16th I'll be in Sweden to inspect the fallout. Expect Linda Woodruff-esque report. That shall be made from Copenhagen.

phily693 likes this.
  6. I tried coming up with a top 10 and could only muster up a top 7 as it currently stands.

[​IMG]

Iceland
    Estonia
    Belgium
    Montenegro
    Azerbaijan
    FYROM
    Sweden

A lot of the others I'm undecided about are going to come down to the performance on the night/s I think. This year is going to be a rough watch for me otherwise.

Take my hand
    Stay Jon Ola Sand

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  7. The new Eurovision version of 'Verona' on Spotify feels like it has finally reached perfection. I didn't even know it needed that.

8. I've been listening to 2016's songs FAR more recently but I'm at least optimistic from a staging point of view...

My top 10 as it stands:
    Italy
    Belgium
    Azerbaijan
    Armenia
    Latvia
    France
    Macedonia
    Romania
    Hungary
    Estonia

Honourable mentions:
    Albania
    Iceland
    Bulgaria
    Netherlands
    Serbia

Squashua likes this.
  9. Is there a new 'new' version??

10. My Top ten at the moment
    Italy
    Estonia
    Belgium
    FYR Macedonia
    Bulgaria
    Australia
    Sweden
    Latvia
    Norway
    Finland

Honourable Mentions
    Armenia
    Netherlands
    Denmark
    Isreal
    Hungary
    Azerbaijan
    Switzerland
    Iceland
    UK

Bottom 3
    Lithuania
    Croatia
    Georgia

The rest really haven't made a lasting impression. I'm surprised that I'm really not here for France either, I've tried but it just doesn't do it for me, even though I think the components are there.

11. Yes! Different from the revamped video version. Some tweaks in the production basically. More bass.

12. Am I right to assume that even though the UK's entry is pretty solid this year, Lucie's going to get obliterated because of Brexit?

13. HRH

HRH

I wish the UK had sent the Honeyz.

pmas likes this.
  14. This was Godrijana around Melodifestivalen:

15. Lady J just totally screams "I'm the star" on that thumbnail

16. HRH

HRH

Part of me is really rooting for Romania to win.

17. HRH

HRH

The song is a boring and forgettable slog. The UK's placing will have nothing to do with Brexit. If anything, you'll get votes out of sympathy.

18. I mean, I'm American, so I don't have a horse in this race.

19. Join #TeamEstonia !

[​IMG]

20. Jamala and ONUKA have been confirmed as the interval acts for the contest. Jamala is performing at both the first semi-final and the grand final. At the final she's going to perform a new single while at the semi she's going to do a revamped version of 1944 "created especially for the contest". No doubt including a children's choir, bookmark me.

[​IMG]