Eurovision Song Contest 2018 | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovision Song Contest 2018

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by TheChoirgirlHotel, May 14, 2017.

1. [​IMG]
  2. SCREAM at her looking over her shoulder
  3. With the semi final 2 songs announced, Ukraine officially joins Armenia, Denmark and Estonia in the 'better than Melodifestivalen' club.

Monkey0, WowWowWowWow and phily693 like this.
  4. In other news, the Greek entry has basically just been confirmed and it's their best entry in years. The corruption, riggery and buffoonery of this 'national selection', which basically saw the 4 other competitors get disqualified by the broadcaster over the past few weeks has been a damn mess, but we got this:

Straight to my number one (kii) it goes!
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  5. HRH

I was wondering what happened to Gianna Terzi... she seemed to disappear after "Pou Kai Pou".

I really like this track! Its success will really depend on staging, though. And sadly I don't think Greece are going to put in the effort, considering they just canceled the National Final at the last minute because of money problems.
    WowWowWowWow and constantino like this.
  7. I believe she relocated to the States, where she produced this basic bop:

I guess this is PANIK's strategy to mark her big return to the Greek scene.
    HRH and WowWowWowWow like this.
  8. Two acts were disqualified because their songs did not meet the entry requirements. This year, broadcaster ERT specifically required that songs must have Greek lyrics and be in a Greek musical style. Among the top five were two songs with Greek lyrics but a decidedly non-Greek musical style.

But........ how the hell did they make the top 5 then??
  9. HRH

I think they're making up these disqualifications to cover up the fact that they didn't budget for the national final. I'm not sure why it was such an expense, though; last year's Greek final looked cheaper than a school talent show.
    Riiiiiiiii and constantino like this.
  10. So I'm checking Belaussian NF and wow Minsk ain't playing, they got the budget and Alekseev really went in with staging.
  11. As a Turk, this Greek messiness feels like home.
    ImaginationS and HRH like this.
  12. Alekseev simply sucks :/

My favorite was Shuma, which will finish #912983712894718933

Edit: Well, they came #3. Surprised.
    ItTakesAMuscle and constantino like this.
  13. So have we worked out where Melanie C is this weekend?
    Kadebostany likes this.
  14. [​IMG]

Disappointed that Shuma didn't win, I'm a bit obsessed with Hmarki. It could've really stood out in Lisbon. Ah well...

Instead we're getting a flashy, gimmicky performance to cover up some questionable vocals. Werk.
  15. I knew I was not alone.
  16. I'm actually pretty chuffed they came third, as much as I thought they would've been great in Lisbon.

On the plus side, in all the GARBAGE of the Serbian national selection, there are two songs in a very similar vein to Chmarki:

17. Loved Shuma but that performance... I don't think it translates that well on big stage. I'm aware of all the flaws of ALEKSEEV (he might be disqualified anyway ddd) but if he'd bring this:

to Lisbona, I'd be very happy.
  18. Nova Deca is the big favourite to win the national selection. Even though I prefer Svatovi, I wouldn’t be too mad if Nova Deca wins but I don’t really see how juries are going to vote for this. The 1 minutes long intro with her traditional style of singing must sound rather strange to some people.
    constantino likes this.

I struggle with Melodifestivalen alone.
    Up N Down likes this.