Fifth Harmony - 7/27 | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fifth Harmony - 7/27

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by offyourhead, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Pussycat Dolls were big even if it was for a short time. Don't Cha easily got them a memorable spot on the Pop land scape. Sure they're not a patch on Spice or DC3 but any of those girl groups trying to make it in the US would be damn lucky to have PCD-level of success.
    As for Fifth Harmony... they could be brilliant. They're like a female One Direction but more talented. I don't think they'll win either for the exact reason Hyp-no-tize stated but I do hope they get singed a record deal 'cuz I feel like they'd split if they don't.
    I they do sing they need alot of polishing up -image wise-. They have a tendency to look really awkward as a group.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  2. PCD had their first album and its hits. Buttons, Beep, Stickwitu, When I Grow Up, and Don't Cha are probably their most well-known hits. Even here in the States...

3. I'm not worried about the girls, they have ton of potential. I'm sure Simon will sign them up to a record deal and get them working stat.
    He has always seemed more invested in Fifth Harmony compared to the other boy band on the show.

4. I hope Fifth Harmony gets a deal coz I seriously doubt they're going to manage to dethrone Carly or Tate at this stage. A 3rd placing is already very good considering people pretty much wrote these girls off from day one.

Like I said before, America could use a girl group on their charts coz there simply aren't any... Simon, here's your chance to turn them into the female 1D...

5. K94

K94

None of this female 1D business - success-wise yes but they are more talented than One Direction by a country mile. They should be looking to go more in the direction of Destiny's Child or the type of pop Little Mix are doing right now. They need to become a female vocal group not a vanity band.

6. Is there a reason you are incapable of ending a sentence with anything bar three periods? It's creepy, not cute.

7. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

This will make me sound like the King of Fickle...but I hate when pop group members are vastly different heights. Even if all the styling is right, it spoils the aesthetic.

8. Don't worry, I feel the exact same. I've forced myself to get used to it but I secretly want Ally to be replaced with someone else. I mean......

[​IMG]

9. they definitly remind me of little mix ever since i first heard/saw them!
    hope they get sign they are the only ones i am intreasted in from that show!
    so many boybands i am ready to see/hear a successful new girl band! in the states
    Molly

10. It's hard to believe at times they're all 15/16 aside from Ally who's 19, they're very young and have lots of time to grow. They're pretty great already, and as pointed out by others there is a gap for them. Americans somehow always look older than us, it's crazy!

11. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

The thing that worries me is I find Simon's idea of what a pop group should be extremely limiting and uninspiring. The performance of Anything Could Happen was textbook Brian Friedman, so if he's going to manage them then they might stand a chance, but otherwise I won't get my hopes up.

12. I have this irrational loathing for Dinah. It's kind of bad. I don't know where it came from or why but it's just like, argh, she's so annoying.

13. Wow really?

Can someone on the first page post a picture and a caption their names? I had to google to find out who Dinah was. She has impressed me these past few weeks with that amazing voice.

14. K94

K94

If they split in the end, I'm ready for Dinah to deliver the word with a solo career. Her voice is great.

15. I was bored,
    [​IMG]

16. Hah, you beat me to it by a matter of seconds...

[​IMG]

17. thanks guys!

18. I like yours better and you're the OP so you win! ha.

19. Camila annoys the shit out of me. It's like Cheryl/Frankie all over again. Poor voice, but popular, so put her in the front. She's below average, really. She has a really bad technique also.
    Dinah has a great voice, but doesn't look like a typical girlband member.
    Normani is okay.
    Ally looks like she could be a diva and go back to a solo career if they don't get the success she wants. Her voice is good tho.
    Lauren's face annoys me. She looks mean and hypocrite when she smiles. I don't remember her voice.

20. Camila has a great voice and is one of the two most distinct voices in a group of fairly good singers. She does come across as the Cheryl/Frankie of the group though i.e 'the star'. I sometimes don't like Dinah's tone but she's got some pipes. Lauren and Ally are on par while Normani might have the least range but a solid voice nonetheless.
    I just spent the past 30 minutes watching their performances and I might be falling in love. I don't want to get invested until there a certain thing but damn it i'll be pissed if they don't even get a chance.

d