Fifth Harmony Rate - Optional Solo Section (Votes Due 15th January) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fifth Harmony Rate - Optional Solo Section (Votes Due 15th January)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by GhettoPrincess, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Once upon a time, on a reality show…. 5 girls came and auditioned wanting solo stardom but were put together.

They were....

FIFTH HARMONY

[​IMG]

From left to right:

Lauren Jauregi - That raspy voice to make you melt and fall in love along with the laziest stage presence since Femme Fatale Britney.

Ally Brooke - The mess with the hammering tyre skills you wish you could add to your CV and she can give you a good belting moment.

Normani Kordei - The dancer/performer, you better believe she’ll bring it on stage. She can do a whistle note but she’s also the most likely to mime any difficult notes.

Camila Cabello - The love them or hate them vocals but hard working and ad-lib loving (ex-member) star!

Dinah Jane - She came in dancing like a white girl and ended up needed refills of oxygen but when she was on point, all eyes were on her.

Now originally the girls were called LYLAS (Love You Like A Sister) before Bruno Mars sisters said no so they had to change it to 1432 (apparently stands for I Love You Too) before finally the name choice was grabbed out of their hands after they landed in the first bottom two in the live shows and Simon Cowell asked the public to help. That’s when Fifth Harmony were officially born. The girls went on to do better on The X Factor USA, singing in spanish in some parts and particularly shining on Anything Could Happen. They also duetted with one of the demonic judges called Demi. I don’t know her.

Anyways long story short, they got to the finals but did not recieve enough votes to advance to the Top 2 so they finished in 3rd place. However the girls went on to have the most success. They signed a joint deal with Syco and Epic Records a month after the show. The girls would regularly upload covers on YouTube and do duets with other bands like Boyce Avenue. Finally they released their first single Miss Movin’ On and got around to releasing their first EP in both English and Spanish. It was all very safe, aimed more at a younger/safer audience which managed to get them a #6 position on the Billboard 200. With Miss Movin’ On also being the highest charting song from an X Factor act at the time too, the label moved forward with them. They went on to support Cher Lloyd and demonic Demi on their tours.

Moving forward both the label and girls went in a more mature Pop/R&B sound. The first album Reflection was known for it’s constant pushbacks for it’s release date. Boss was their first worldwide hit and managed to go platinum in the US. Sledgehammer managed to top that by being a bigger hit before we got that mammoth hit single Worth It which firmly made them safe with their label and gave them the recognition they deserved. The album went to #5 in the US and also charted around the world. The girls went on to promote the Hotel Transylvania 2 soundtrack single I’m in Love with a Monster which was seen as a bit of misstep commercially. They rounded out the year by winning Group of the Year at the 2015 Billboard Women in Music ceremony.

They then came back and snatched wigs with Work From Home. Coming through as the bop of the year basically. The single was a massive success and their biggest hit to date. It was also rightfully the most viewed music video of 2016 and won Best Collab awards. The follow up single All in My Head (Flex) crumbled in the shadow of the former single but was still a decent success whilst the third and final single That’s My Girl did okay but clearly the girls couldn’t gain back the initial massive success from the 7/27 era. The album was the highest charting for them so far in the US.

Despite many rumours, awkward interviews and fan fiction/focus on fighting within the group it seemed like the group may continue on due to the success but Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin’ Eve was to be the last time they performed together as a 5-piece. In news no one was shocked about, Camila Cabello left the group, which was announced by the remaining girls. Fifth Harmony were now left as a foursome and would go on to say to their fans, also known as Harmonizers, “YOU are the Fifth Harmony!” and have been recording new material since. Down was the first single from the Camila-less line-up and Crying in the Club was Camila’s debut solo single. Fifth Harmony have just released their self-titled album along with the second single He Like That whilst Camila's debut album is due out in the fall.

Now the main focus of the rate is to celebrate the music they released/leaked whilst Camila was in the group and the new album but I’d also like to make optional extensions to the rate for both the girl’s solo stuff & Camila’s debut album separately. The main rate is not optional though. Don’t play tricks with me.​

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That’s My Girl
    Work from Home feat. Ty Dolla $ign
    The Life
    Write On Me
    I Lied
    All In My Head (Flex) feat. Fetty Wap
    Squeeze
    Gonna Get Better
    Scared of Happy
    Not That Kinda Girl feat. Missy Elliott
    Dope
    No Way
    Voicemail
    Big Bad Wolf
    1000 Hands

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Down feat. Gucci Mane
    He Like That
    Sauced Up
    Make You Mad
    Deliver
    Lonely Night
    Don’t Say You Love Me
    Angel
    Messy
    Bridges

[​IMG]

Anything Is Possible
    Maluma feat. Fifth Harmony - Sin Contrato
    Boyce Avenue - Mirrors
    Boyce Avenue - When I Was Your Man
    Juan Gabriel - Vienes o Voy
    All I Want For Christmas Is You
    Noche de Paz
    I’m in Love with a Monster
    Anything Could Happen
    Rock Your Candie’s
    Impossible (The X Factor)
    Like I’m Gonna Lose You (Billboard Music Awards)
    Ex’s & Oh’s (Live Lounge)
    Destiny's Child Tribute (Greatest Hits ABC)
    Can You See
    Pitbull - Por Favor/Por Favor (Spanglish)

[​IMG]

Over
    Tellin’ Me
    Young & Beautiful
    Sensitive
    No Filter
    Change The Bad Boy
    Ladder
    Goodbye
    No Catching Feelings

Spotify Playlist (does not include all tracks)

PM Friendly List:

Better Together/Juntos EP

Don’t Wanna Dance Alone/Que Bailes Conmigo Hoy
    Miss Movin’ On/Sin Tu Amor
    Better Together/Tu Eres Lo Que Yo Quiero
    Who Are You/Eres Tu
    Leave My Heart Out of This/Que El Corazon No Hable Por Mi
    Me & My Girls
    One Wish

Reflection

Top Down
    Boss
    Sledgehammer
    Worth It feat. Kid Ink
    This Is How We Roll
    Everlasting Love
    Like Mariah feat. Tyga
    Them Girls Be Like
    Reflection
    Suga Mama
    We Know
    Going Nowhere
    Body Rock
    Brave Honest Beautiful feat. Meghan Trainor

7/27

That’s My Girl
    Work from Home feat. Ty Dolla $ign
    The Life
    Write On Me
    I Lied
    All In My Head (Flex) feat. Fetty Wap
    Squeeze
    Gonna Get Better
    Scared of Happy
    Not That Kinda Girl feat. Missy Elliott
    Dope
    No Way
    Voicemail
    Big Bad Wolf
    1000 Hands

Fifth Harmony

Down feat. Gucci Mane
    He Like That
    Sauced Up
    Make You Mad
    Deliver
    Lonely Night
    Don’t Say You Love Me
    Angel
    Messy
    Bridges

Extras

Anything Is Possible
    Maluma feat. Fifth Harmony - Sin Contrato
    Boyce Avenue - Mirrors
    Boyce Avenue - When I Was Your Man
    Juan Gabriel - Vienes o Voy
    All I Want For Christmas Is You
    Noche de Paz
    I’m in Love with a Monster
    Anything Could Happen
    Rock Your Candie’s
    Impossible (The X Factor)
    Like I’m Gonna Lose You (Billboard Music Awards)
    Ex’s & Oh’s (Live Lounge)
    Say My Name/Independent Woman (Greatest Hits ABC)
    Can You See
    Pitbull - Por Favor/Por Favor (Spanglish)

Unreleased

Over
    Tellin’ Me
    Young & Beautiful
    Sensitive
    No Filter
    Change The Bad Boy
    Ladder
    Goodbye
    No Catching Feelings

I'm gonna give you roughly 6 weeks to get your votes in as there's so much here but remember there'll be two optional solo rates too. So let's say the 5th November for a voting deadline? I'll double check if I should bring it forward or delay it slightly but hopefully that's plenty of time. Remember to score from 0 to 10, with that one special 11 for each section of the rate. Half points are fine too but don't take the piss with decimal points ya'll and make sure to PM me your scores/commentary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big thanks to @DJHazey for his help with a lot of the artwork! Such a great help.​

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. PM Friendly List:

Normani Kordei

Sing To You
    Say It
    Fake Love x Sneakin'
    Don’t Touch My Hair x Cranes in the Sky

Lauren Jauregui

Marian Hill - Back To Me
    Halsey - Strangers
    Ty Dolla $ign - In Your Phone
    Steve Aoki - All Night

Ally Brooke

Lost Kings feat. A$AP Ferg - Look At Us Now
    With You
    Cake
    All Right There
    Crash and Burn Girl

Dinah Jane

Dancing Like A White Girl
    All 2 U feat. Stunna June
    This One’s For You Haters
    Just A Dance
    I Want You
    Girl Time
    No Rush
    Trey Smoov - Dream Boy/Dream Girl
    RedOne feat. Daddy Yankee and French Montana - U Here Tonight​

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  3. Eliminations:

#71 - Anything Is Possible
    #70 - Boyce Avenue - When I Was Your Man
    #69 - Rock Your Candie's
    #68 - Juan Gabriel - Vienes o Voy
    #67 - Boyce Avenue - Mirrors
    #66 - No Catching Feelings
    #65 - All I Want For Christmas Is You
    #64 - Goodbye
    #63 - Suga Mama
    #62 - Noche de Paz
    #61 - Maluma feat. Fifth Harmony - Sin Contrato
    #60 (TIE) - Them Girls Be Like
    #60 (TIE) - Ex's & Oh's (Live Lounge)
    #58 - Pitbull - Por Favor/Por Favor (Spanglish)
    #57 - Tellin' Me
    #56 - Sensitive
    #55 - No Filter
    #54 - We Know
    #53 - Everlasting Love
    #52 - Change The Bad Boy
    #51 - Over
    #50 (TIE) - Young & Beautiful
    #50 (TIE) - Ladder
    #48 - One Wish
    #47 - Better Together/Tu Eres Lo Que Yo Quiero
    #46 (TIE) - Can You See
    #46 (TIE) - Anything Could Happen
    #44 - Leave My Heart Out of This/Que El Corazon No Hable Por Mi
    #43 - Brave Honest Beautiful feat. Meghan Trainor
    #42 - 1000 Hands
    #41 - Like I'm Gonna Lose You (Billboard Music Awards)
    #40 - Impossible (The X Factor)
    #39 - Bo$$
    #38 - Me & My Girls
    #37 - Who Are You/Eres Tu
    #36 - This Is How We Roll
    #35 - Make You Mad
    #34 - Messy
    #33 - Not That Kinda Girl feat. Missy Elliott
    #32 (TIE) - Destiny's Child Tribute (Greatest Hits ABC)
    #32 (TIE) - Deliver
    #32 (TIE) - I'm in Love with a Monster
    #29 - Voicemail
    #28 (TIE) - Lonely Night
    #28 (TIE) - Body Rock
    #28 (TIE) - Don’t Wanna Dance Alone/Que Bailes Conmigo Hoy
    #25 - Gonna Get Better
    #24 - Like Mariah feat. Tyga
    #23 - Miss Movin' On
    #22 - Bridges
    #21 (TIE) - Squeeze
    #21 (TIE) - Angel
    #19 - The Life
    #18 - Going Nowhere
    #17 - Worth It feat. Kid Ink
    #16 - No Way
    #15 - Down
    #14 - All In My Head (Flex) feat. Fetty Wap
    #13 - Dope
    #12 - I Lied
    #11 - Write On Me
    #10 - Top Down
    #9 - Reflection
    #8 - Scared of Happy
    #7 - Sauced Up
    #6 - Don't Say You Love Me
    #5 - That's My Girl
    #4 - Big Bad Wolf
    #3 - He Like That
    #2 - Sledgehammer
    #1 - Work From Home feat. Ty Dolla $ign

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017 at 10:27 PM
    Vasilios, DJHazey and Alouder98 like this.
  4. RESERVED.

Alouder98 likes this.
  5. I am ready! I havenot listened to their debut since it was released and I am ready for rediscoveries. Also a lot of new songs for me.

DJHazey and GhettoPrincess like this.
  6. I only vaguely know the singles but is there really another viable winner than Work From Home?

7. I MAY TAKE PART
    How does this work?

8. PERCHED!

Although there is more solo/unreleased than I thought.

GhettoPrincess likes this.
  9. Solo part iz boring

10. Ooh @Vasilios may take part in a rate? I am honoured. Well you PM me your scores/commentary for any songs if you want to add any thoughts. Scoring is 0-10 with one special 11 score for your favourite song of course. You don't have to do the optional parts of the rate like the solo/Camila music or you can do one but not the other. If you get confused with what to do then I'll explain more through PM.

[​IMG]

Vasilios and Sprockrooster like this.
  11. Why don't you just include Camila within the solo Harmony section?

12. Well I don't want any conflict of interest, I know the forum is very divided generally when it comes to Camila and I don't want any trolling going on. However it depends who actually ends up voting in the end and I don't mind putting those two optional sections together if you all think it's a better idea.

13. I'm definitely interested but I feel like there's a LOT here that'll convolute the whole thing (the solo work and unreleased stuff mainly).

For the Better Together EP, are we rating the English song and the Spanish one together or separately?

14. Personally I do as a) it reduces the sections from 3 to 2 meaning more people may take part and b) It sort've serves the same purpose. I think it'd be more interesting to rate all 5 girls solo offerings and see how they fare. Camila clearly has the advantage as she is on a solo deal and has official releases but still. Also, people could still troll Camila if hers is a separate section.

It's a shame that Lauren's song with Steve Aoki isn't out yet, would've evened up the playing field a little with the amount of songs the other girls have to rate.

15. I know there's a lot but I really just wanted to do the ultimate rate, although the solo work is optional.

Better Together you just rate whichever language you prefer to listen to. There's no separate scores for the tracks in Spanish.

Florencia. and Fascination like this.
  16. I think the solo songs will be treated as a different rate.. I think.

GhettoPrincess and Fascination like this.
  17. That would make sense, because if not enough people did it then all the optional stuff would just go first and complicate the rest of it.

Anyway, count me in @GhettoPrincess!

18. Yes, you're correct. It wouldn't be fair to include them in the main section and I'm waiting for Camila to release her bloody album. Once I have a release date for that then it'll become a bit more clear what will happen with the optional sections.

HollyDunnSomething likes this.