Films so good you saw twice at the cinema | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films so good you saw twice at the cinema

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Pop Gaz, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Speaking of which, I think my biggest regret - related to this topic - was seeing Fight Club in the cinema ONLY once when it premiered. What an injustice!

Pop Gaz likes this.
  2. Körkarlen a.k.a. The Phantom Carriage, the Swedish silent classic from 1921: five times.

Ah, the heaven on earth that is the local arthouse theater: nobody eats their crisps or rustles their candy bags or checks their phone - just pure cinematic bliss.

3. I saw Independence Day (the first film) 3 times at the cinema. One of the times was for a friend's birthday and we got there so late we were on the front row in an old Showcase cinema. It felt like I had my face against the screen.

4. Oh I know I wasn't exackly asked to elaborate, but since i noticed this film has never been even mentioned on this forum, I might as well make my annual visit to Off-Topic worth my while...

[​IMG]

http://www.ferdyonfilms.com/2012/the-phantom-carriage-korkarlen-1921/16357/
    So there!
    [​IMG]

Tribal Spaceman, Remorque and Jeffo like this.
  5. I think I'd see any film 5 times just for this!

Tribal Spaceman and Russron like this.
  6. Never heard of this film (teebs it sounds like one I'd only want to see once) but I'm liking purely out of support of silent films in general.

7. Not one, not two but THA-REE different guys?

A

Tea

Mikl C, lushLuck and munro like this.
  8. It was Christmas, it's a time for giving.

kii

lushLuck likes this.
  9. And yet I suspect you were receiving...

10. [​IMG]

11. The Sixth Sense a second time was a stupid idea.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. Did you pretend you were seeing it for the first time?

Tribal Spaceman and lushLuck like this.
  13. I did yeah, have you any idea how hard it was to pretend to laugh when it was barely funny the first time?

14. Surely you’re used to faking sounds by now?

Titanic - Twice (once in 3D)
    All three LOTR’s - Twice
    The WickerMan (original) - Twice
    Grease - Twice

I think that’s about it.

15. [​IMG]

I probably watched this one a total of 346 times.

And would again. And again and again and again...

man.tis.shrimp and silkandskin like this.
  16. First film I went to see twice in a cinema was Inglourious Basterds. It's still one of my favourite movies, and seeing all of it on a big screen just once wasn't enough for me. If it re-ran I would still go again, even though I've watched it over a hundred times.

I saw Django Unchained twice, but only because the first time I was a third wheel where my pal invited his date (who was the guy who knocked me back three weeks before) and I was RAGING and at the same time determined not to be petty I sat through the whole film seething with anger and I just didn't enjoy it. Second time was better.

Saw Trainspotting 2 twice (I LOVED it first time, then second time I was a bit more realistic about it) and I think I saw Skyfall twice (I was disappointed the first time, and the second time was just to check I wasn't just in a bad mood, I liked it better but still the same faults. I've softened over time on this film, but I still think the director gets credit just for being who he is. I HATED Spectre, and I did NOT go back for a second viewing.)

17. Last week I saw The Shape Of Water on Wednesday and then again on Thursday.

I saw Chicago six times at the cinema (and didn’t pay once - by getting others to pay, not stealing haha).

I saw most of the X-Men films twice at the cinema too.

Can’t think of any other at the moment.

I do go and see shows at the Theatre a lot. The most I’ve seen one show is twenty-four times (but that will hopefully increase in future).

18. I'm going to go and see Black Panther again, I haven't stopped thinking about it.

19. I saw Who's That Girl? FIVE times in a row on VHS.

If it was the cinema, I would have done the same.

Remorque and lushLuck like this.
  20. I weirdly think the movie I've seen the most in theaters was The Holiday. It was four times. I was emotionally tender in 2006 though, and that movie is like a warm blanket. Still one of my favorite rom-coms ever, and the best Christmasy movie.