Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes #1 Smash) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes #1 Smash)

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Saturdays4Eva, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Currently #8 on iTunes and rising.

[video=youtube;N9Wq7B_VV_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Wq7B_VV_U[/video]

Of course it helps she's released her cover before the official single's release, but success is success at the end of the day. Congrats to Fleur. Sure it'll be mentioned in The X Factor Results show tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  2. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

Does this really need a thread? It's being discussed in the X Factor section.

Well done to her anyway, even if it is chart ineligible.

3. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

I surprised this was aloud to happen? Mark is going to be losing out on sales.

4. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

She looks great but her singing in this performance was terrible.

5. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

Let's not exaggerate.

6. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

[video=youtube;48xF0gykPto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48xF0gykPto[/video]

Still incredible.

7. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

Terrific performance. I mean, it's every bit as charismatic as Cheryl's performance from earlier this year.

8. K94

K94

Who else catches the Holy Spirit at 2:06?

9. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

That was better than approximately 80% of the current British pop girls' careers. Shame she's gonna be stuck with Syco once the series is over.

10. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

It was just incredible, like a real X Factor moment. She so deserves to win after that performance and it's so nice to see her in the iTunes top 10.

11. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

Definitely hoping she wins or gets signed, that's a popstar performance.

12. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

The best thing is she doesn't even have to be. She's already been creating and releasing music.
    What a woman.

13. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

Does anybody know if Fluers ITunes track of this, Uptown Funk, is a studio recording or recorded from the love performance? As for the song choice, this just proves the judges and producers should take more risks when choosing songs! Don't go for all the tired and tested but be daring! They should have had somebody sing the Veronicas, Ariana Grande or even something left field like ABase for only the young!

14. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

She sounds a bit rough on this I think, and is it that surprising to see a highly in demand, unreleased song going top 10 when performed on X Factor? Great performance from her though for sure.

15. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

That's what I like about Fleur, she's a bit of rough!

16. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

This is an X Factor Hall of Fame moment along with Alexandra/Bey and Little Mix's 'Don't Let Go'. Amazing performance. I love that her vocals are a little rough in places - it goes with her performance style.

17. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

That was really good.

18. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

She's phenomenal. The most exciting contestant that has ever graced the X Factor stage.

19. Re: Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes Top 10 Debut)

That performance was phenomenal.

20. 2014

2014 Moderator

I actually can't stop watching it.