Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes #1 Smash) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fleur East - Uptown Funk (iTunes #1 Smash)

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Saturdays4Eva, Dec 7, 2014.

1. There's no way she'll be made to sing ballads, come on. I expect she'll have an album a bit like Overcome, with more brass.

2. Its amazing how a song, contestant and choreography can just come together as spectacularly as they did here. A week and a bit later, this still stands as one of the best X Factor Live Show performances ever.

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I think she did pretty fine with a ballad on sunday. Not everyone need big belters. Gabrielle style slowies should be fine.
    It's probably the hair and the husky tone but I wouldn't mind something like Kelis' Food from her.

4. Syco may be incompetent in their handling of campaigns but, stylistically speaking, they've never pushed somebody into territory outside of their means. Leona was their big balladeer, One Direction immediately made that classic pop-rock boyband sound their own, Matt Cardle had his dad-rock shtick down from the start etc. It may not be as inherently cool or idiosyncratic as her talent or this forum call for but there'll be a conscious effort to take the style of 'Uptown Funk', 'A Fool in Love' and (no doubt) 'Bang Bang' and craft her sound out of it.