Forum running slow? | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum running slow?

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by spillett, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Better. Before I could barely even type on my phone with the delay, it definitely seems like that's less of a problem.

2. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

*packs away bunting*

How would you describe what is happening now?

3. My problems were entirely with mobile, everything else is smooth.

4. Completely unusable here without an ad blocker, using i7-4790k desktop Windows 10 and IE11. Browser memory usage rockets to over 1GB before it freezes then crashes. I've had to type this out in notepad, then quickly copy/paste before it locks up again.

It gets stuck in a crashing loop, recovers then crashes again and again before eventually giving up.

5. I find it a disgrace that you're allowed outdoors without parental supervision, mate.

6. Working alright for me here, having been very laggy before. I'm still getting overwrite when typing longer posts, but that could just be my work PC (Windows 8).

7. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

I think the easiest solution here is for me to buy you all Macs.

8. kal

kal

It's funny you should say that but I actually had an issue in Safari when my adblocker was enabled. It would keep trying to load a tracking script over and over and over and the whole page would flash.

9. [​IMG]
    Do we get fries to go with that?

(Seriously, I appreciate the efforts to right the wrongs. I'd also be up for a subscription of some sort if it helps the forum to avoid ad-related armageddon).

PJ83 and kal like this.
  10. The security certificate message keeps appearing again (is this happening to others too?), but typing messages is easier.

11. The forum seems to be running just as slowly for me on my laptop @Popjustice. It was fine when I first loaded the forum 20 minutes ago, but I have noticed that if I'm on a page long enough that the AnyClip ads loop back to the first one that played, typing posts and just trying to scroll up and down the page is still very slow.

I'm not getting any security certificate messages though.

12. I typed out messages on my phone this morning and had to wait 5 minutes for the message to finally appear. I'm 100% confident that the AnyClip is the culprit.

13. Yep, getting security certificate messages too now.

14. I had the same experience last night - I read that @Popjustice had made some changes and started to use the forum again - Yes, the security message was driving me a little mad but the other issues appeared to have cleared up. "Yes, I thought. Well done, Mr. Popjustice." But then after a while the problems came back. Maybe not quite as bad as previously, but definitely along the same lines. I went to bed sad. At work now, and at the minute it's behaving itself, but I've not been on for long.

Edit - After 20 mins during lunch it's still working super fast! I hope this is it fixed (apart from the security certificate) - The acid test will be at home tonight. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  15. Is it fixed? AnyClip ad has gone and everything's working nice and quick here again.

spillett likes this.
  16. Ah! I'd not noticed that the AnyClip advert had gone - That's why the forum is running okay!

17. Yay, back to normal. Whoop!

18. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

The problem may have been the Anyclip thing itself, or it may have been the plugin that identified the browser and then decided which Anyclip code to run. Well it was one of them either way.

19. All seems good here too, thanks for the swift response.

20. Yes, normality is resumed for me too, thanks @Popjustice !