Forum tweaks, feel free to make suggestions | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum tweaks, feel free to make suggestions

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Popjustice, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

When did that start?

Again, when did it start?

2. Started yesterday. Also when looking at the forum everything looks normal but when going into a thread things look weird.

3. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

That's strange, I didn't do anything to the forum yesterday so I suppose it's not something I did. I'll check with the ad people to see if they made any amendments to their code or something.

Leopold likes this.
  4. It's been an on and off thing since about three weeks ago.

5. I cleared my cookies and cache and that seems to have solved it, so problem was probably on my end. Sorry!

6. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

Glad it's fixed!

Leopold likes this.
  7. RJF

RJF

@Popjustice if you're still listening for suggestions can we please abolish the character limit on posts? It's really hampering rate write ups.

8. I think this might be an issue with the YouTube app and not the forum, but I'm unable to embed video in posts on my phone anymore as copying the link brings up a "shared by Liam" page as opposed to a direct link to the video.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

9. I don't use the mobile site often so I don't know if this is a new / isolated / local issue, but when I try to open the 1933rd page of the Lady Gaga thread, for instance, I get a dialogue box to call the phone number "1931 1932 1933". I am on iOS 10 using Chrome. Just me?
    [​IMG]

10. kal

kal

I just checked and this happens for me in Chrome on iOS too. But why are you not using Safari??

@Popjustice can fix this by adding this to the forum header. It has to be in the head tag to work.

Code:
    <meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">

Earl Grey likes this.
  11. RJF

RJF

So... the character limit? I ran into it again a few days ago. I even Googled the solution.

Admin CP > Options > Messages

Change Maximum Message Length

12. I was poor-ed into using a Chromebook and I wanted my bookmarksdon'tjudgeme.

stuaw and kal like this.
  13. kal

kal

mac likes this.
  14. Anything that puts my paranoid mind a little at peace would be appreciated.

mac likes this.
  15. I think having a Home and a Forums button on top of the page that do exactly the same is redundant. It'd be much better if Home redirects you to the Home page (like it already does), but Forums shows you the list of forums, so that you click on whatever forum you want to go in, rather than loading the home page and then look for it.

Andy French and Slice of Life like this.
  16. I wish every member would be forced to have an avatar. But that's just me being petty.

joe_alouder, 2014, Jwentz and 3 others like this.
  17. I think it's a fair enough request, but I don't know if there's any forum software to force users to choose one. It's certainly a lot prettier to look at.

On a similar note, I've noticed an upsurge in 2 or 3 line signatures recently which generally makes the place look a bit uglier and ATRL-like – one line is fair enough, but anything else looks 'a bit much'.

18. Catalogue Jessie J avatar for every new member and suddenly everyone would run for their life to change it.

19. I actually kind of love the idea of every banned member getting a Jessie J avatar.

20. That would be brilliant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.