Frank Ocean - Blonde | Page 119 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frank Ocean - Blonde

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by MYCAL, Apr 7, 2015.

1. All of these little singles he's thrown put lately have been serious growers (Lens especially revealed itself to be fucking gorgeous) so I'm looking forward to living with this over the next few days.

I love him just doing his own little thing. bby.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    joyriders, fancygreen, Secret and 2 others like this.
  2. Ray

Welllllllll my problem is that channelORANGE filled me with great, never fulfilled expectations. I am still waiting for another bop like "Pyramids" (one of the best songs I ever heard) or "Novacane", I guess.
    Meathook likes this.
    rdp, He, nikkysan and 6 others like this.
  4. Pyramids always felt like a one off for the gays tbh. I wouldn't expect him to do anything like that again anytime soon (soon in Frank Ocean time of course meaning within the next decade). Channel Orange as an album I also find to be one of the most fully realized debuts maybe ever? As in it wasn't clear how to move on from it without repeating himself, nothing left room for refinement. Blonde is the one which revealed a lot of yet to be fulfilled potential, though its 'shortcomings' also sound almost intentional, which is frustrating and makes it difficult for me to assess fairly.
  5. Blonde is still so perfect.
    1991, FastLove, fancygreen and 14 others like this.
  6. Remember his reinterpretation of Hotel California, American Wedding?

A song. Sis knew his way round an epic, evocative narrative from the very beginning.
  7. I feel like it's incredibly misunderstood as "hipster nonsense" and that makes me so sad. It's less traditionally structured than Channel Orange to be sure, but it's so much more than its structure.
  8. Blonde is better than channel ORANGE, people just compare them too much. They're very different beasts, and I hope he carries on changing shit up throughout his career to the same degree.
  9. Listened to this again today. His best album, honestly.
    Lander, 1991, Remyky22 and 8 others like this.
  10. Ray

AlisodoTheBambino likes this.
  11. Kind of becoming one of my all time favourite albums already, I still listen to it on the regular. I thought topping Channel Orange was going to be difficult but somehow he did it so effortlessly. Now watch the next album go and top Blonde.
    Mr.Arroz likes this.
  12. In regards to Endless on vinyl:

Unfortunately, there is still a delay with the ENDLESS VINYL that is beyond our control. We do not currently have an expected time-frame for when this will ship. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. As soon as we receive an update regarding your order, we'll be back in touch with you!

Once our warehouse is able to fulfill your order, you will receive tracking information concerning your order!

If you prefer to cancel your order before it ships, please let us know and we will take care of this for you.

Ugh lol.
    Lander, PEARL and mindtrappa like this.