Friends | Page 123 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Apr 18, 2009.

1. She should have got a nom for an episode with Fat Monica, or the episode where they do the lottery.

2. It's funny when you watch the episode with Winona Ryder as Rachels old College friend Melissa then remember that Winona was on Ross's "list" in an episode from a few seasons earlier.

I've re watched this show way too much.

3. My favorite scene in the whole series. Lisa Kudrow and Jennifer Aniston breaking even in the broadcast scene, never mind the bloopers.

Angeleyes, andru, Mikey1701 and 6 others like this.
  4. The only thing I actually enjoy about Thanksgiving is marathoning all the Friends Thanksgiving episodes. The really are some of the show's best moments.

Island, constantino, Conan and 3 others like this.
  5. I don't remember if I ever connected the dots and I've seen the show at least 5 times over.

Bagpipes scene: Phoebe and Rachel. My cheeks hurt from laughing.

phily693 and lushLuck like this.
  6. This is something pretty small but I'm curious to know if anyone else feels the same...

I find Joey to be insufferable in Phoebe's Wedding episode. I know he's really dumbed down by Season 10 and that isn't my problem, but there's two moments which I hate:

1. When he is giving Mike his "talk", and he kind of yells "I want you to take this seriously!". It felt so over the top and with no reason at all, it's not as if Mike didn't seem to care about the wedding or treated Phoebe badly. I don't know, I just despise that scene.

2. When he yells "Who has the rings?" during the ceremony. Again it felt over the top and pretty informal considering the occasion.

UnionJackMix likes this.
  7. Joey should've been written to mature in the final seasons but of course they wanted him to stay how he was as that was how they planned him to be for his flop spin off.

As someone who couldn't stand his spin off show it does bug me now when doing full ten season rewatches that his character got no development or closure like the others.

UnionJackMix likes this.
  8. The Christina Applegate Thanksgiving episode is maybe my favourite episode of the series.

"This is just classic Rachel"
    "Oh yeah, remember in High School when I died and didn't give you my baby?"

9. Such a great episode. Rachel's relationship with Amy was so funny.

"You decorate dad's office and now you're a decorator? Okay, I went to the zoo yesterday, now I'm a koala bear!"

Although I have to say that the second time they brought Amy back I don't feel they managed to recreate the magic of that thanksgiving episode.

UnionJackMix, He, Utopia and 2 others like this.

10. So apparently Friends is going to Netflix UK.

11. FUCK YES

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  12. Nothing about season 10 is as magic as previous episodes.

13. I'm now in the middle of S9. I won't be able to finish by the start of 2018, but I've made a lot of headway

andru likes this.
  14. Charley

Charley Moderator

It's being added to Netflix in The Netherlands on January 1st as well.

He and andru like this.
  15. That's great news! About time!

Terminus and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  16. Yeah. When I'm bored and want to watch Friends, I always find myself going to Seasons 5 - 6 - 7.

Every season has great moments though, but those middle one's feel like they have a perfect mix of the characters being more developed than the first seasons, yet not as "cartoony" as their final versions.

There's something about the comedy in certain episodes of Season 6 that I love. The whole scene when they go to their apartment after it burns down has such such a silly yet not so "in your face" comedy? I don't know how to describe it, it doesn't feel like typical Friends comedy but I love it.

Fireman: "You're not going to be able to live here for a while, you ladies have a place to stay?"
    Rachel: "Wow, okay, look pal, I'm not in the mood to be hit on right now, but if you give me your number I'll call you some other time."

Fireman: "Do either of you smoke?"
    Phoebe: "No not usually but I could really use one right now"

17. I have all the DVDs but praying for this too as I’m too lazy to change discs!

18. Jumping straight in with The One With The Chicken Pox, and it's one of Pheebs best episodes isn't it.

michaelhird and Pop Gaz like this.
  19. Maybe it's the hangover but I've already watched six episodes. Adding it on New Year's Day was a masterstroke on Netflix's part.

Breathed a huge sigh of relief when Phoebe shouted "hey that's not for you BITCH!" Uncensored episodes at last!

JMRGBY88, Martyn, michaelhird and 5 others like this.
  20. "This guy's so stupid...
    It's Count Rushmore!"

JMRGBY88 and HollyDunnSomething like this.