Friends | Page 129 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Apr 18, 2009.

1. The last couple seasons messed up a few continuity things that I didn't notice until I was older (read about it online). Carol was apparently Ross' first time but he slept with a cleaning lady in college, and Rachel and Chandler didn't know each other in the pilot but the flashback episodes showed them being around each other a lot at The Gellers house, and they also made out once.

Silly picking apart a TV show for little things like that, I know, but it's quite fun to see where things like that happen in comedies.

Anthology, andru and _Gru_ like this.
  2. Thank you.

Vasilios likes this.

3. Erm that was HILARIOUS? It gave us "Science Boy".

4. Funny indeed but gives the impression New York is populated by the six of them and about ten others in the world of Friends.

You can only stretch the boundaries of believability so far before it becomes a live action cartoon.

Mikl C likes this.
  5. All I can say is don't read Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City series. Their whole narrative is based on strange and unlikely coincidences not just in a big city, but around the globe!

Vasilios likes this.
  6. I really hope my bridal shower theme is ‘’’’’’’Lusts of the Flesh’’’’’’’’

Sam de Jour, rav4boy and bichard like this.
  7. What's everyones favourite episode? I think mine has to be The One Where Rachel Is Late because of how funny Jennifer is throughout the episode.

"If I don't come out in 5 minutes it's because i've choked to death on the potpourri stink" always makes me laugh.

He, phily693 and Mikl C like this.
  8. Probably has to be "The One Where Every One's Late" very few episodes where it's just the six of them in a room interacting, and just one liner after one liner "make him drink the fat" "you've gone to the dark place" "is it wrong that I was turned on that" and of course "could I BE wearing anymore clothes" to name but four*, but it's classic line after classic line. The Monica answer machine payoff is also perfect and all three girls (well minus Pheobe's political statement) look absolutely stunning, alot is said about Rachel's green dress, but Monica is stunning in the red too. Top tier comedy.

*how could I forget, it was the episode that gave the world "going comando"!

Charley, Leopold and andru like this.
  9. My fave may possibly be The One with Five Steaks and an Eggplant from Season 2.

I like the divide of rich and poor and the drama it causes. In fact most of my faves are ones where 90 to 100% of the episode focuses on the six together and the conflicts or arguing that ensues. Season 4s ep about the fight for Monica and Rachels apartment is up there too.

10. The One Where Every One's Late is probably my favourite for that reason too.
    I love the episodes where they're all together like that.
    I also like the episode with the power cut, I can't remember the name of it, for the same reason (although Chandler is stuck in the ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacre).

11. It's "The one with the black out".....

"....the cities out of power, and the milk is going sour, but to me that isn't scary 'cause I stay away from dairy....."

12. The One Where Everyone's Late is hilarious. Monica's answering machine ending is fantastic.

andru and Anthology like this.
    James2009, niccolo, phily693 and 2 others like this.
  15. The one where they play for the “Geller Cup” (the actual name escapes me) is pretty fab.

16. See, I remember distinctly thinking when that episode was shown early in season 3, that it was all going to start going downhill. I mean, I was obviously wrong, but it's still one of my least favourite episodes.

The first Christina Applegate episode is one of my favourites. And The One With The Videotape. In fact, series seven and nine are probably my favourites. Series ten is when it all went a bit off the boil for me.

17. The One With All The Football?

.....yes I'm a Friends geek....

18. That's my favourite episode!

Conan likes this.
  19. BTG

BTG

The One Where Everybody Finds Out may not overall be the best but that scene with Lisa Kudrow is a masterclass.

20. "...you should, I'm very bendy..."