G Flip - About You | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G Flip - About You

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Would usually wait until there was a Soundcloud, YouTube or Spotify link but this is such a stunning introduction to G Flip that I couldn’t wait (YouTube happening tomorrow so I’ll update the post then). Georgia Flipo has been squirrelled away in her bedroom working on music for a year.If ‘About You’ is the start then I can’t wait to see where we are going with this. Perfect bedroom pop with some RnB tinges and a clear as day vocal (I believe she drums too - Florrie lives!). For now here’s the Triple J Unearthed link. @DarkSacoura @IDontKnowHer @Fascination @Tiger Suit @PEARL
    https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist/g-flip

alejandrusco and Fascination like this.
  2. Robert likes this.
  3. Okay this is really, really good.

(BUT NOT ON SPOTIFY, for god sake.)

LE0Night likes this.
  4. YES.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  5. Yeah, as soon as the chorus hit I was sold. Gonna be listening to this all day.

LE0Night and backstreetjoe like this.
  6. I was hooked from the first second. Completely mesmerizing. I need more music from her.

7. Yes, that super distorted violin opener is incredible.

8. Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  9. New song!

And it's great! A bit more scandi-pop than About You, she's got such a good ear for melody..

@Island @Kuhleezi hiya.

^ She's a bit perkier in general but this is a bit Zola Sheezus-y, circa Taiga/Versions.

Island, constantino, enricll and 2 others like this.
  10. Let me check this out.

Kuhleezi and LE0Night like this.
  11. What a song. Already one of the best singles I've heard this year.

Kuhleezi and LE0Night like this.
  12. Whew About You is the one.

13. Sigrid, you in danger girl.

14. Literally the only sub-par thing about her is the artwork.

LE0Night likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

@ooooohnostalgia

16. I'm so pleased y'all are with me on this one. I just knew she was going to be everyone's favourite new pop star.