Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers) | Page 153 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by IotV, Feb 12, 2011.

1. I'm ok with Cersei living. Something something Jamie dies and she's left ruling a frozen wasteland by herself.

The only Stark with grounds to kill her is Sansa. I mean, Joffrey is the one who killed Ned and Tywin was responsible for the Red Wedding.

Sam de Jour likes this.
  2. Margaery's death scene remains stunning and tragic. I'm gonna miss Natalie Dormer so bad.

TheBakersSon likes this.
  3. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

They really let the Cersei and Margaery dynamic go to waste last series, her death should have come at the climax of their tension rather than a season later, you know?

4. I've always felt like Margaery going all like "something is wrong, we all need to leave" was a bit far fetched. To her knowledge Cersei was virtually powerless with no access to soldiers or anything other than the Mountain.

I guess it's a fantasy show, but oh well.

Terminus likes this.
  5. Margaery was the only person who really understood Cersei's wicked ways, and she never underestimated her. Unfortunately this one time she put her faith in the high sparrow, thinking he would finally defeat her. As soon as she knew Tommen and Cersei weren't present, well it was obvious really.

6. Margaery was very clever, just like Cersei but not quite on the same level, so she figured if Cersei wasn't at the trial then something was wrong.... and she was right but unfortunately she couldn't escape.

7. Those final minutes are horrifyingly amazing. I'm still shook 9 months later.

8. I mean prior to her death she did actually second guess Cersei at every turn, and had settled herself under the crown even when Cersei wanted anything but. She managed to play the game just as good, oftentimes better, but ultimately her faith in the high sparrow is what doomed her.

Only Human and AlexD like this.
  9. On another note though, I'm ready for long haired Cersei to make a comeback. The pixie cut is not the tea.

10. Well yes, she was just as good but just not quite as good because her faith in others (the High Sparrow) pretty much screwed her over. Cersei only putting faith in herself is what I'd say arguably makes her a better player of the game but she's not flawless either.

Yes please. Can they not use magic to bring it back?

[​IMG]

Lost Boy likes this.
  11. I think the long hair coming back would be a bit of a regression for Cersei. Maybe it's silly of me, but I feel the short hair is symbolic of her struggle against the high sparrow and everything that came with it. It'd be in character for her to keep it short to spite everyone who tried to take her down and serve as a reminder that against all odds, she still obliterated all who stood in her way.

12. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

Natalie Dormer was so fucking excellent in those final scenes, the show is going to miss her portrayal of Margaery so much and I only hope that we get more Olenna scenes to make up for it.

13. I'll be very surprised if Olenna survives this coming season.

14. Olenna better survive til the end, what a character! I'm going to miss Margaery so much. I'm waving my Team Tyrell flag proudly!

15. The Tyrells are great, and Margaery was winning the game wasn't it for a complete wildcard in the form of massive barrels of suprahuman explosives in place and ready to go. In normal circumstances she would have been acquitted of all charges, saved her brother's life, torn down Cersei's power and ruled the Seven Kingdoms as de facto monarch by way of her marriage to weak-willed numbnut Tommen. We saw in that scene with Jaime and Mace that her popularity rivalled, maybe even surpassed the High Sparrow's, such that it was only a matter of time until she took him out or enfranchised him as her own lackey.

16. That's what was so clever about it all.

Right up until the last minute, Margaery was one step ahead of the game. She even managed to work out what was going on but unfortunately for her it was too late.

17. Like the Starks before her, who put their trust in an ancient oath...

The show is the best at flipping the coins in favour of the Lannister's. I can see Olenna outlasting most, she'll be there till the end, moving things behind the scenes.

18. I would die to have Olenna become Dany's replacement mother-figure, maybe replacing that old Volantene whore in the books, but alas, I'm pretty sure Olenna is going to be one of the pro-Dany casualties during this season.

19. As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right. She will never escape the poisoning of Joffrey unscathed!

Leopold likes this.
  20. OH - another thought - wouldn't selling Olenna out to Cersei be a good way for Littlefinger to ditch the Starks and worm his way back in?