Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers) | Page 162 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by IotV, Feb 12, 2011.

1. I don't think it is. It's supposed to represent winter is there etc.
    [​IMG]

Terminus likes this.
  2. Surely the White Walkers won't make it that far? I've always assumed that the final stand against them was to happen at Winterfell. You know, where "winter" "fell". Wink wink.

3. I finished season 5 and I'm now two episodes into season 6. 5 was definitely the low point of the series for me, with too many plots that just felt meandering and pointless - basically everything in Dorn, which is a pity because I love both Jamie and Bronn. I can't stand Oberyn's wife or their daughters; the dialogue was straight-up cringe at points, which is rare for this series. Daenerys' story felt really stagnant, too, up until Tyrion got to her. Arya's story was the absolute worst for me, it just felt like the same thing every episode until the finale.

I finally hate Ramsay... I thought he was an amusingly evil villain until his wedding right with Sansa. That scene gutted me. I can't wait to see him get killed now. I hope Theon gets to do it, but I'm guessing that's not how it goes down. I was so happy when he threw Myranda to her death and helped Sansa escape.

I also liked Stannis quite a bit until he burned his daughter. I couldn't help but cheer when the next day he was informed that not only his wife had commit suicide, but half his army left. The only thing that would have made Brienne finally killing him better would be if we actually got to see his head roll off.

Cersei's walk of shame was iconic. Not sure what else to say there. Season 6 so far is already a step back in the right direction. I like that they didn't take too long to bring Jon Snow back, because it was obvious that he was going to be somehow revived. Also, 10 points for Bran showing up with a haircut.

Terminus likes this.
  4. Stannis was bizarrely attractive.

rav4boy, Vitamin and Terminus like this.
  5. That's what you're supposed to think. I reckon it's much more likely she's actually seeing the throne room after everything's done and her dragons have burnt the city to ash.

Femme Aesthetic likes this.
  6. My doctor looks the double of him. Yes zad etc.

7. He certainly is... Zaddis was the best of the five kings in lerks in my eyes. Let him take me over that map table whenever he wanted.

8. Watching episode 10 of Season 6 one last time before Sunday, and it led me to this. Perfect.

aaronhansome likes this.
  9. Light Of The Seven continues to give me chills one year later. Ramin is a fucking genius. I still can't believe it didn't win an Emmy last year, or even got nominated for that matter. Ridiculous.

Kuhleezi likes this.
  10. Joe Dempsie who played Gendry was there. I hope he returns this season.

Terminus and MrJames like this.
  11. I always forget Amanda Peet is married to David Benioff.

12. I saw this reported elsewhere, however, wasnt there several people there who are dead already (I cant keep up, but Ygritte for one)?

13. Tonight's the night!

Vitamin likes this.
  14. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow to watch it, might rewatch the Season 6 finale tonight to refresh my mind

bakerboy92 likes this.
  15. I was going to rewatch most of Season 6 until I realized the bulk of the season's actual plot progress happened in the finale. Was more than happy to have an excuse to kick back and really enjoy that brilliant hour of television for a third time.

johnny_tsunami and Solenciennes like this.
  16. Remember that iconic year when the first 4 episodes leaked before the season premiere?

can that happen now please

17. TONIGHT.

18. The last episode from season 6 was my favourite from the whole series, so I hope the new one is good. At the same time, I do know the best episodes tend to always be the last few from each season (Winds Of Winter, Battle Of The Bastards, Rains Of Castamere, Dance Of Dragons...).