GAON #1s 2017 RATE: VOTING OPEN / 2 WEEKS LEFT | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GAON #1s 2017 RATE: VOTING OPEN / 2 WEEKS LEFT

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Sanctuary, Dec 9, 2017.

1. ALSO:

I was going to open up voting earlier cause it was looking like Heart Shaker would snatch another week at #1 based on Melon top activity, but Dean had to go and fuck shit up:
    [​IMG]

(Though it's now technically Sunday morning in Korea and a new tracking week, but he ended up hitting Melon's roof early mid-week and has stayed there since.

So the final #1 will likely be either Heart Shaker or Dean's "Instagram" for those who want to start going through the songs. The final #1 will be announced Wednesday night 9 PM EST / Thursday morning 11 AM KST.

2. That's what Dean does. Fucks that shit up. It's in his nature.

Go instagram.

Sanctuary likes this.
  3. Well there’s apparently no US/UK #1s of 2017 rate, so let me do this one instead. It seems like Koreans have better taste than the western world. I... hope anyways.

4. HIDE YO FAVE OST BALLADS, UNNIES!!!

5. I don’t hate every ballad.

Slice of Life likes this.
  6. There' only been about 11 UK #1s in 2017, hasn't there?

ohnostalgia likes this.
  7. Probably. Last year they added in Australia to bump up the number, but I’m sure nobody wants to rate Pink again.

Sanctuary likes this.
  8. And there's only so many swear words you can throw at ed sheerin.

Sanctuary and ohnostalgia like this.
  9. Week 52: "Instagram" by DEAN

Dean snatches the final #1 of 2017.

Voting is officially open.
    Final song list and PM-able list in the OP.
    You have 4 weeks / until the 31st.
    Feel free to send in your votes anytime.

10. I gave out like eight 10's and two 1's to the worst two songs in the rate.

Sanctuary likes this.
  11. I have only five 10s (including my 11) nn.

Sanctuary likes this.
  12. I don't know most of these songs, so I've only got three tens so far.

Sanctuary likes this.
  13. It's okay as long as Fine by Taeyeon is one of them xx

Sanctuary likes this.
  14. I think most of us on here probably don't know a good chunk of them, so that's not a big deal at all.

I actually think it's a nice blend of the type of more mainstream idol k-pop the forum and most younger k-pop fans like (see: people in their teens, 20s) and the more coffee shop music that people who are older in Korea would be more keen to listen to. A bit 50/50 in the split. I'm curious to see what from the latter does well.

15. I WILL GO TO YOU LIKE THE FIRST SNOW
    BY
    AILEE
    IS
    THE
    WINNER
    !!!

Sanctuary likes this.
  16. Chart Icon IU.

Sanctuary likes this.
  17. When, I guess I have to vote now....

18. Ctrl + F "Santa Tell Me"

oh nevermind

Slice of Life likes this.
  19. This is for the main Korean chart in Korea, not the international one.

Though for a kii I'd be willing to add a subsection for International #1s for the 5 songs that went #1 this year so we can have an Ariana Top 2.
    [​IMG]

20. I never actually posted in this sub-forum but I do like K-pop (and rates), so I'll give this a try. I'm a bit out of the loop in terms of K-pop as I haven't really been checking for new releases in the last... 2 or 3 years, so this should be a nice refresher.

Cotton Park, Serg., Squashua and 3 others like this.