GAY | Page 226 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GAY

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Itty Bitty Piggy, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Adam Levine was sexy for five minutes, but I think he loves himself enough for the rest of us.

Back on topic. I adore and am inspired by my mother because she is one of the strongest people I will ever know. But the other day she had EastEnders on and Ben was post-coital with what's his face (?) and she said to me down the phone "I know it goes on but they shouldn't force people to see it... it makes me feel sick"...

In my family the amount of ignorance I've been surrounded by over the years (most of 'em are varying degrees of racist/homophobic) it's been one of the hardest things to find my own path but when I hear things like that I still get bummed out. If that behaviour makes my own mother "feel sick" does that mean she is sickened by her own son?

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  2. He

He

Oh wow, that must have been pretty hard to hear. I'm sorry.

I'm sure she might not have seen what that offhand comment means and how powerful and hurtful her ignorant words can be. Can you talk to her about it?

londonrain likes this.
  3. I can talk until I'm blue in the face but it's just who she is.

It's just confusing to me she can be this way when my stepbrother (who is in his late-thirties) is openly gay and has been since he was a teen.

londonrain, Island and He like this.
  4. Yeah I hear shit like that a fair bit - oddly never if it's two women involved though.

londonrain likes this.
  5. Even my liberal straight male friends often confessed that they feel viscerally disgusted when they see two men kissing, but that consciously they don't hate gays, and then asked us if that made them homophobic. I said 'no, that's normal for you,' but deep down I was gutted.

londonrain likes this.
  6. Imma say no to Adam Levine.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  7. On a scale of ugly to @mattyjayy he's a solid @matty

Island and mattyjayy like this.
  8. Aw.

Island and mattyjayy like this.
  9. Who lil' ol' me???

Island and Kyle. like this.
  10. "WHY ARE YOU SINGLE?"
    "WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?"
    "HOW DON'T YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?"

Don't ask. It's not cute. I will refuse to respond. Don't do it.

11. Ok but this is a bop and the way he moves his hips made me a lil more gay when I watched it as a kid.

londonrain and He like this.
  12. He

He

I have to admit I had the same reaction back in the day.

londonrain and diamond dogs like this.
  13. I never know if this is meant to be some sort of compliment, or if it's meant to trigger some existential crisis. Cos it's almost always the latter.

Kuhleezi, Pecans, londonrain and 2 others like this.

14. Mrs Kim is your mother...but in an opposite kind of way.

Overdose and Island like this.
  15. "why/how don't you have a bf" is meant to be a compliment but it just gets me more ticked off that I literally told someone that I refuse to respond to it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 12:32 AM
    Pecans and londonrain like this.
  16. How cute are you! (Just send him nudes ffs)

londonrain likes this.
  17. i hate you cos i watched every youtube video with mrs kim

i love you

Mikl C and ManilaChinchilla like this.
    Island likes this.
  19. It isn’t normal for them and yes, it does make them homophobic. It’s normal for them not to be turned on by it, but that’s not what they said. They just wanted a free pass to be able to say and feel that shit without feeling bad about themselves.

I don’t feel “viscerally disgusted” when I see a man and a woman kissing, or when I see two women kissing. Heck, I even managed to kiss my husband at my wedding without all the straights retching.

Stuff like this is exactly why stuff like seeing gay men in romantic scenes in EastEnders is so important. It’s harder to be “viscerally disgusted” by something perfectly normal that you see relatively often.

20. Yasssss! Come through Australia!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-41992344

The percentage being so high is truly heartwarming. 61% of people care about something that personally matters to less than 10% of the population. Amazing!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:48 PM