GAY | Page 232 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Itty Bitty Piggy, Aug 15, 2012.

1. @Hudweiser Hows your nephew doing? I guess he's on holidays now, so hopefully that's a welcome break from the bullying and maybe the kids will have something new to focus on when they go back.

It can be so difficult to know what the best thing to do is. I'd definitely encourage your nephew to ignore it. They want a reaction from him, for some reason, and it will probably get worse if he reacts by getting upset or lashing out at them. Do encourage your sister to report it to the school, and also, advise her to keep a log of all the incidents your nephew reports to her with dates, names and as much detail about what happened. If the school aren't proactive you can keep presenting them with that on-going log to keep pressuring them to do something.

Here's advice from Bullying UK which might be helpful:

And, more child-friendly advice from ChildLine (who also have online forums and one-to-one chats with councellors if he ever wants to talk to someone outside of the family/school):
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. Bless your heart.

He seems ok at present - still attempting to hide it all from my sister (as she is temperamental).

I will pass these links on to her though xxx
    andru and londonrain like this.
  3. When someone texts you saying "I'm going to try to be a drag queen but like I don't want to be mistaken for one of those super gay guys who's like 'yes gurl' cos I'm not like that and I don't want to be a woman".

I hate internalized homophobia/transphobia.
  4. [​IMG]
    papatrick, michaelhird, 2014 and 8 others like this.
  5. This is gross. It’s a slight shame so many people ripped him to shreds but honestly, it’s what she deserves.
  6. Indeed. I'm all for dragging and being cunty with my friends or forum members I know are on a similar level, but I do have issue with people being shitty to strangers on The Apps – which are a hotbed of neurosis, internalised homophobia, self-confidence issues and loneliness (and that's just my profile etc etc) despite what some people's outward image might project.

I just generally think there's a time and a place for that kind of thing and a simple 'thank you but you're not my type' or 'a little bit too far' is all it takes, followed by a block if necessary.
  7. A few years back when I had less thicker skin, I messaged someone on an app and he replied back that I was ugly* and what was I thinking messaging someone like him. Then proceeded to block me. It actually affected me for a few months until I realised that nobody in their right mind talks to someone like that, interested or not.

*cliff notes version of what he actually said.
  8. People who respond like that sometimes have deep-seated confidence issues themselves. It’s a front for how shitty they feel. I feel sorry for them really. It’s sad.
    Lander and londonrain like this.
  9. I had a guy tell me I was ugly on Grindr once

he's gained about 3 chins since then so who was the real winner eh?
  10. Someone made an offhand comment to me about how I was always "first in line at the buffet" about 15 years ago and I still refuse to eat party food until at least half of it has been eaten. I cannot tell you the amount of prawn vol au vents I've missed out on.
  11. Fuck that. Prawns are delicious.
  12. I'm coeliac, so whenever there is a spread, I race and hoard the likely 2 things I can actually eat.
  13. I’m asking my crush if he wants to hang out for New Year’s tonight. I’m so fucking nervous.
  14. Don't be, do it.
    I have a New Years Date tomorrrow.
  16. He’s working until midnight.

Leopold, 2014, KamikazeHeart and 2 others like this.
  18. [​IMG]

Am I gonna get banned for this
  19. [​IMG]
  20. My hope for this would be that he maybe has gained some perspective.