General Britney Spears Discussion | Page 3052 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Britney Spears Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breakfast2, Jul 28, 2009.

1. All I ever wanted was for Up n Down to have been the fifth single off FF with the music video continuing in the theme of the tour performance. Thisiswhywecanthavenicethings.m4a

2. Was it “Big Fat Bass” or “Drop Dead” that kicked “Up N Down” off the main album? Sad either way.

Up N Down and deepheat03 like this.
  3. Probably Big Fat Bass. She didn't work with Will.I.Am until very late in the game.

4. RJF

RJF

Like... a lot of Femme Fatale hasn't aged well, but "Up N Down" was trash on arrival and is rotted trash seven years later. Come on, y'all.

dodoriazarbon and فريد like this.
  5. ...I don't disagree, but Up N Down is one of the only Femme Fatale songs I still play ddd

6. How dare you How I Roll like that.

Zaacc, Rem, Hugo A. and 1 other person like this.
  7. How I Roll is a highlight! I just don't listen to the album very much anymore.

8. "Up 'N' Down" still goes the fuck off to these ears. It's the weakest of the bonus tracks which were all brilliant. #Justice4Scary.

9. I always listen to Femme Fatale when I'm getting ready for a night out. It's an epic dance album.

10. How dare you.
    [​IMG]

11. I don't think Femme Fatale has aged that badly. Like, it's very 2011 but it doesn't sound as awful as like, a Flo Rida song from that time. I still get my life to every song on that damn album.

12. But I dont care because I know it's jealousy

[​IMG]

13. Nothing on Femme Fatale has aged terribly except the name itself and the bass wobble in Hold it Against Me. Up N Down specifically is amazing and catchy as fuck.

14. With all this Femme Fatale talk, I played the album while working out today and it was... ok. Till The World Ends is still one of my faves ever! I was lifting and thinking about how we're gonna go crazy this summer looking at her, jumping like crazy at the "see the sunlight" part and at all the "whoa oh oh" parts!

Maxxbustamante and LP like this.
  15. Up N' Down is a bop for sure and this is coming from someone who doesn't like the album. It's one of the few tracks with replay value and personality. I believe it was the best-selling album track too. Wasted opportunity.

Steve003, Maxxbustamante and neinzedd like this.
  16. How I Roll is so bad. I’m surprised so many here see it as a highlight.

17. Trip to Your Heart remains dated yet so fresh. Issa classic.

18. I love how Britney has a slightly strange experimental side on that album. Songs like "How I Roll", "Trip To Your Heart" and "Don't Keep Me Waiting" feel like songs where she was having fun and showing a glimpse at her personality. That's why i feel "Glory" is like a follow up to "Femme Fatale" as it's a great snapshot of the sound of the time with something that only Britney can bring to the table.

LykkeLi and QueenB like this.
  19. Yep.

20. Up N Down is most certainly not a house track. It's Dance-Pop.

maikos87 likes this.