General Britney Spears Discussion | Page 3061 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Britney Spears Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breakfast2, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Stan for your best video, queen. And do something like it again!

Slave has also just this second passed 100m views on YouTube!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  2. And then get cold feet and fight with the director and shelve it! I'm not bitter!

Womanizer, He, Satyress and 1 other person like this.
  3. Exactly. If she did that video now, she would have the director cut everything even mildly suggestive until it was nothing but shots of her against a green-screened sunset.

ElectricPlatypus likes this.
  4. And then give us yet another mediocre and forgettable video instead. It’s not like we care!

5. I do wonder why she bothered to film the raunchy scenes for Make Me if she wasn’t comfortable. She seemed to be loving life in the gifs we got of the original video and the on set pics. She also loves walking around on stage in the skimpiest underwear she can find. Makes no sense to me!

LP and johnoclock like this.
  6. I often wake up from a nightmare in the middle of the night drenched in sweat, screaming IT JUST DIDN'T WORK.

Steve003, lushLuck, Womanizer and 8 others like this.
  7. I never bought the ''too sexy to release this video'' narrative. I mean... Piece Of Me is worst sometimes.

LP, lushLuck, Hugo A. and 1 other person like this.
  8. I agree! It was definitely something else. Or if the video was too sexy to release, it wasn’t Britney that thought so

Hugo A. and Satyress like this.
  9. I suspect it had something to do with the sponsors and Brit's arrogant team.

10. I don’t blame Britney for the Make Me video mess. When you think about it, the released video is almost just as sexual. She’s literally making 20 something models audition for her only for them to end up in her bed.

Womanizer and Hugo A. like this.

11. 3:16 ‘My fave music video is probably Slave’. She has good taste.

Womanizer and Satyress like this.
  12. There were definitely parts of the original Make Me video that went a bit further than even the barely-there costumes that Brit rocked at Piece of Me over the last two years; namely, the fact that she was totally topless in the cage (though she did go there in the Gimme More video), and then the scene where G-Eazy is literally fucking her throughout his verse. That said, clearly Britney was down for all of this during the filming, so I still have a hard time believing that 'too sexy' was the real reason. I genuinely think they didn't like the video, because nothing else makes sense. That or either her team or the label got cold feet when they saw the finished product.

The bottom line is that Godney works in mysterious ways and we'll never really know.

lushLuck, Womanizer and Hugo A. like this.
  13. except for when it comes to clothes

14. This whole thing is so iconic.

On if she could name a new city: "New Wickington City."

On which producer or director she wants to work with: "I would love to work with, hmm... Aerosmith seems really good and bright. He's a genius, I think. And, uhm, he's very rock n' roll and he sings from his soul. Gwen Stefani, I think she's great. Justin Timberlake is very good."

15. I can't believe she actually said that. It almost sounded like she's never met him.

Maxxbustamante and lushLuck like this.
  16. Burns, Justin Tranter, and the guy who wrote Love Me Down have all teased she’s working on new music this year. If true, this new album is shaping up to be almost identical to Glory in terms of producers, which I’m very happy about.

LP and QueenB like this.
  17. Does she think Steven Tyler is actually named Aerosmith?

18. What did Burns say? I could do with or without Justin & Julia (I loved their work on Glory but they're a bit ubiquitous at this point and I prefer Brit to keep trying new things and new producers) but I'm dying for more Burns productions.

Satyress likes this.
  19. [​IMG]

lushLuck and andru like this.
  20. Justin & Julia's work on Glory was ace. They can be a bit repetitive but their work on the album was distinctly Britney and pretty fresh, even for them. I would love to see them work together again.