General Doctor Who Discussion | Page 319 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Doctor Who Discussion

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Kirkland, Jan 2, 2009.

1. BTG

BTG

They may as well fuck with their minds entirely. Give me a gay male companion and Alaska as the Master.

4Roses, roblognick, aniraz and 12 others like this.
  2. It would be interesting to see them have a male companion who falls for the Doctor, like a reverse of the Rose/Martha scenario. OR it would be equally as interesting to see them introduce a gay male companion who is totally unbothered by the Doctor being an attractive woman!

Mikey1701 and Sam de Jour like this.
  3. Here for a gay couple version of Amy and Rory.

4. But with actual chemistry?

4Roses, superglowy and Kirkland like this.
  5. So I just switched on the TV (I wasn't sitting through tennis for anything) and it seems she was announced hours ago!

I am excited by the first female Doctor and had never even heard of Jodie Whittaker until a few days ago so I have no preconceptions of her whatsoever. I have a feeling she is going to be amazing.

And thank fuck it isn't Kris Marshall!

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  6. I hope the next series is as brilliant as it deserves to be. I want jaw-dropping, funny, scary, sexy and exciting Doctor Who.

idratherjack likes this.
  7. Glad they went with a woman, can't really imagine Jodie as anything other than Beth Latimer but I'll keep my mind open.

8. Imagine a gay male Rose type, doing that thing she did with her tongue...

9. This has suddenly made me so excited for the next series, despite Chris Chibnall's iffy Doctor Who history. I'm sure Jodie will be brilliant.

idratherjack likes this.
  10. Oh I'd forgotten about Chibnall being a bit shit. Let's hope he's better as a showrunner than he was as a guest writer.

A reverse Moffat, if you will.

idratherjack likes this.
  11. I'm so anxious about Chibnall now. His best episode is Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and if he screws up Jodie is probably going to take the heat.

diamondliam and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  12. Chibnall can't write good Doctor Who, for some reason.

13. Oh, Chris wrote Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. Hmm.

Terminus likes this.
  14. the misogynistic whovians who swore they would boycott Doctor Who watching the new episode anyway:
    [​IMG]

Daniel!, OspreyQueen, 4Roses and 17 others like this.
  15. A few years ago this would have been a gimmick, but the fact that they've at least built some internal precedence in the show through Missy leaves helps it make a lot more sense.

I'm cautiously optimistic. What I've learned from NuWho is that trailers and previews of new Doctors & Companions are usually fairly awful and misrepresentative of the character, so it's better not to judge and to just wait to see what the episodes are like when they finally air.

16. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Never watched an episode of the Doctor, but I find Jodie Whitaker immensely talented and yet somehow underrated at the same time. Really excited for her.

KamikazeHeart and Terminus like this.
  17. I'm still so bloody proud and excited for my most favourite tv show of all time. My sisters used to be The Doctor when we used to play about at it as children after watching my VHS's (I was a much better villain), so we always knew it could happen.

idratherjack likes this.
  18. 2014

2014 Moderator

Jodie is such a fantastic and watchable actress - I wish they'd kept Bill in though as she had been the best thing about the show for ages, and I can imagine the pair of them being brilliant together.

19. Give me Ashley Benson as the companion and I'm sold.