General Doctor Who Discussion | Page 320 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Doctor Who Discussion

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Kirkland, Jan 2, 2009.

1. The General changed sex in Hell Bent as well:

Sam de Jour likes this.
  2. Yeah I sort of hope they'd keep the companion female because it would be great to see the dynamic between the two, but I understand that they'd want the companion to be male to ensure a 'balance'.

3. I'm here for 2 companions again tbh.

4. I'm fairly sure this was done on-screen specifically to annoy the people who said that Missy wasn't really The Master

5. This is what I think they'll do, a man and woman. I really can't see them making it so female driven as to just have a woman companion.

Anyway, I've never seen Jodie in anything but this is great news!

6. The new Doctor has infuriated the guy the Abzorbaloff was based on.

7. Ugh his wikipedia is such an amusing read.

8. This is going to be such a radical change. A young female/male duo travelling through time and space with the female being the 'know it all' who the story focuses on and and the male being the eye candy.

This is.........different to Nu Who Series 1-7.....?

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  9. It's about time.

(Sorry).

And anyway, wasn't Romana II (even Romana I?) a Time Lord, back in the 70s episodes? Plenty of female peers of the Doctor in the 80s Trial Of A Timelord too. People throwing hissy, sexist fits just haven't been paying attention.

(I've always liked Jodie Whittaker as an actress, right back to the early 00s ITV drama stuff).

idratherjack likes this.
  10. I'm really shocked, never did I imagine the BBC had balls to do this. I checked out of the show during Matt's era and never could get back into it, but this move has me GAGGING to watch.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Pecans likes this.
  11. Was looking up some of her stuff and the stuff from Antigone in 2012 convinced me

Also weird how she has worked with 2 previous doctors

diamondliam and Eric Generic like this.
  12. In 24 hours, the show has firmly re-established itself into the public consciousness in a way it hasn't done since the heady days of Season 4.

I remember the week after the airing of The Stolen Earth. I couldn't go anywhere with people discussing it!

Terminus, Kirkland, HEARTCORE and 2 others like this.
  13. People were talking about it in work today for the first time since the Tennant days too. This is going to be good. It already feels exciting in a way that Doctor Who hasn't for a very long time.

Terminus, Kirkland and aniraz like this.
  14. Slightly off-topic, but was anyone else surprised that the actor playing the Doctor 'only' gets paid between 200-250k per season? Given how much the show must generate for BBC worldwide, that seems a pretty modest sum.

15. Terminus likes this.
  16. Peter Davidson has said the cast of Dame Jodie represents a loss of male role models....

Fucking idiot.

17. Colin Baker isn't having Davidson's spiel.

18. This makes me even more proud that Colin Baker is my Doctor!

He has to be someone's...

Mikey1701 and Terminus like this.