General Girls Aloud Discussion | Page 3061 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Girls Aloud Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. I'm just catching up on this Big Brother stuff today while I'm off work, honestly my first thought is that it is LAUGHABLE that this Jemma person has the balls to claim Sarah has no career. The delusion is truly real.

Just looking at Jemma's Wikipedia page is hilarious, she will never be anybody of value, that much is evident. Sarah on the other hand is 1/5 of one of the best girlbands this country has ever had.

marie_05 and GhettoPrincess like this.
  2. I had a dream last night that I had the opportunity to go on the show and sort of 'mentor' Sarah and remind her to keep her cool in arguements so that she came off looking better than the others. I woke up quite satisfied with myself.

HolyWater likes this.
  3. I just learned that in Some Kind of Miracle, the lyric is "hanging out with all your slacker friends pretending that I'm cool" and not, in fact, "with all your slut girlfriends." Mind = blown. That is all.

4. I used to think that it was psycho but that they were pronouncing it wrong, like pslycho. Yeah, it sounds stupid I know.

5. I used to genuinely think 'Close to love' was 'Now my only bet is to proclaim Mae West cause I can't regret what I ain't done yet'.

6. Like them literally on the metro on the way home from the club. Reminiscing over thier night with O's and X's flashing outside their carriage.

playboy69 likes this.
  7. It could have had the same vibe as the Sound of the Underground video (but with up-to-date outfits!) to neatly bookend their time as a band.

8. I was out last night and On The Metro was played, all of it! Amazing. Now I can lay down and die.

9. Can anybody tell me why they didn't try to break the US market? I was always struggling to understand why they were only big in the UK & Ireland plus a few singles doing well in some other European countries.

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I have a feeling if they'd tried to appeal to the U.S. we'd have gotten even more See The Days & Beautiful Cause You Love Me's, so I'm kinda glad they stayed as utterly british as they were.

marie_05 and Sugaboy like this.
  11. Trying to break Australia, New Zealand and China must have been disheartening.
    It started going wrong when they chose Long Hot Summer as the lead (but didn't release it internationally). Then tacked on The Show (I still love it though) to Chemistry when Love Machine or Wake Me Up would have been better choices.
    Then they gave up across the pond and focused on their home turf.

For this I hate the minds behind the Aus radio companies for snubbing them

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Oh wow, I never was aware this tracklist existed..

https://www.discogs.com/Girls-Aloud-Chemistry/release/2900954

Sugasatz likes this.
  13. Biology is one of the world's best songs. Ever. With a proper video and a bit of promo it wouldve smashed everywhere.

But we all know music execs everywhere are old rich horny men that just think attaching a rapper to any song (while replicating whatever the beat of the last big song was) is the key to success.

14. Biology Feat Sabi.

Jacques, JMRGBY88, Larsen and 3 others like this.
  15. I'm still pissed Girl Overboard was never released as a single!

16. I'm still pissed that:

Some kind of miracle
    Models
    Watch me go
    Wild horses
    Close to love
    Girl overboard
    Control of the knife
    Miss you bow wow
    Love is the key
    On the metro
    Every now and then

Were never released as singles. That list is virtually an alternate greatest hits most acts could never dream of.

Jacques, Elysium, Stopremix and 2 others like this.
  17. "Steaming like a pot full of vegetables" is a classic Girls Aloud line to be fair.

18. I don't think they ever had the desire to do it. Most of their international releases were always half arsed and if off the record is any indication, they spent most international trips moaning, counting the days till the flight home.

HolyWater, Larsen and Subspace88 like this.
  19. After the way Chimola behaved in China they didn't deserve any success there tbh.

20. I at least wish we would have gotten the screen grabs from the tour to have some sort of visual.