General Girls Aloud Discussion | Page 3132 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Girls Aloud Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Why would a Sarah Harding b-side from 2 years ago have loads of streams though

Alouder98, Elysium, JasonJay and 6 others like this.
  2. Does anyone have a link to the demo version of Beautiful? I can't seem to find it.

4. Thank you!

Sarah sounds horrible in the 2nd verse.

5. Don’t recall seeing this performance before, another 4 piece one. Also were they singing live? They sound really good, but not studio vocal good.

Untouchable Ace and If You Go like this.
  6. Charley

Charley Moderator

Sarah's solo stuff isn't on Spotify here sadly. I'm not saying she would have had millions of international streams, but I don't get why she wouldn't at least have it up abroad so us international fans could at least slightly round up the numbers.

7. Well Cheryl's lines are covered so unless the 4 of them pre-recorded a live track to mime to then yes they're singing live.

8. It wouldn't be hard to mix a quick track without Cheryl because of how they recorded things.

9. They sound great here (particularly like Sarah's little "take it day by day" at the very end), but good grief what the heck are they wearing. Bleak.

Wonder if Cheryl was in court for this performance?

bichard, JasonJay and lushLuck like this.
  10. Would they go to that expense for a one off performance though?

11. It’s only the same as any band pre-recording for a performance. Having just checked out that above performance, it’s definitely mimed to a “live vocal” track.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. Sounds like a raw studio vocal track rather than a live performance. They probably had the track re-vocaled to remove Cheryl. They probably didn't need to re-record it.

They all sound too perfect for a genuinely live performance.

Was anyone ever live on CDUK?

lushLuck likes this.
  13. 20 days to the 15th anniversary, incredible!

Wonder what we'll get surely if something officially was planned then we'd have got some confirmation by now?

14. We'll get nothing except maybe a tweet from Sarah saying "15 years!!! mad innit!!".

Sam de Jour, andru, Larsen and 8 others like this.
  15. The band have split up, why would there be any kind of celebration?

They'll tweet and that'll be it. Its really not as big a deal as you'd like it to be.

16. The 10th Anniversary of Tangled Up is coming up in two weeks.

It amazes me that the album STILL sounds fresh even a decade on. They truly managed to capture that timeless sound with this album.

I just wish I enjoyed their glory days more in 2007/08 and actually TRULY appreciated it, it was all over so quickly...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  17. I don't think those extra parts Nadine and Sarah do on the second verse have ever been on a studio version?

18. I am watching Sarah Harding: Girls Aloud The Hits on The Vault (on which she is, of course, an absolute car crash) and she says that The Loving Kind video is supposed to show the good and bad sides of Girls Aloud... which is a concept I have literally never noticed before. I know, the end up smahing things up at the end of the video but I that was just cos their hearts were broken.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. Yeah I think I remember from the behind the scenes of the video Cheryl or Nicola mentioned that the concept was a good/bad style idea for each girl.

I don't think that particular concept came across very well in the final video because obviously they did duplicate the girls hundreds of times.

Seanie, lushLuck and xtophermorrison like this.
  20. Yeah I tend to see your theory more than the “official” version,

Untouchable Ace and If You Go like this.