General Girls Aloud Discussion | Page 3133 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Girls Aloud Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Either way, it's their best video. Absolute queens.

Elysium and Untouchable Ace like this.
  2. Sexy! No, No, No... says hello

3. Their best video is clearly Biology.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  4. I have a soft spot for Something New. Basic, yet they all sell their set ups amazingly well (except Sarah, obviously).

I would've loved for the girls to have had duo set-ups too, purely for footage of Cheryl and Nadine together.

5. It's had two years to gather up those streams as well! It's apart of her EP which was promoted. It's not like the a-side single 'Threads' is at much better 32k...Either way that does show a lack of interest as streaming is free! Makes Go To Work with 920k streams seem a hit!

6. It flopped on it's arse two years ago, so why would it pick up any interest two years later?

Seanie, Larsen and JMRGBY88 like this.
  7. You're missing my point, of course i know that and it's not about picking up any interest later on but to me about how shockingly low those streaming figures are, 32k streams is horrible for a record that was performed on tv and promoted in the media by a girl band member of a huge group. All it says is that the solo interest in the UK for Sarah is next to zilch, even worse than the other girls. I think she waited too long and should have struck while the iron was hot in 2009 and released 'Too Bad'.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  8. When Sarah's voice is good, it's fantastic. I wish she could see solo success but it's just not going to happen. And if she doesn't stop smoking she'll never sound good again. I'd take an album from her but unless she pays for it herself, no one would give her one. And maybe that's for the best, since she gave us Threads. Either way, I wait for her 'cause baaabyyyy Iiiiiii' every time I listen to The Promise, which sadly never comes.

Elysium likes this.
  9. Striking whilst the iron was hot is what she should have done. This is why Nadine and Cheryl were for taking a break in 2009. It was the prime time for them to launch their solo careers. They didn't care if we got that 7th GA album or not, they wanted to use their fame which was at the highest then to launch their new ventures. Stupidly, I think all the girls should have been releasing in 2009 but no one wanted to disturb Cheryl's launch that was given preference and priority. It's like the X factor acts like Laura White, Rachel Hylton etc. that kept promising us records but just kept saying they were in the studio forever and sadly no one cares six years after they were evicted so why not just release it then instead of being picky! The momentum is gone and no one gives a craap years after the band split even if the songs are better years on.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 8:00 PM
  10. Sarah was the best vocally when I saw them in 09. Not sure what happened on the DVD.

11. No, you're missing the point.

There has to be some interest, to begin with for it to "gain" interest over 2 years.

12. Guys, stop over analysing minimal stream figures. Honestly...

13. Winning Celebrity Big Brother could be a reason for to have gained interest in the last 2 years...

Either way 32k streams is a abysmal for someone so well known! It shows that people aren't interested in a Sarah Harding solo career. I hope for the fans at least she still despite the lack of success gives us a solo album at some point.

14. I haven't even heard those B-Sides and I own the bloody signed CD.

lushLuck, john2y, Subspace88 and 2 others like this.
  15. Got the signed CD too. The B Sides aren't on the signed CD, EP only which was download.

16. I'm somewhat over all of them as individuals - except Nadine.

HighRise, Larsen, cheida and 14 others like this.
  17. It’s the Tenth Year Anniversary of Tangled Up today, an album which has some of the best pop songs of all time. Including this gem:

I can’t believe how fast it’s gone. The Tenth Anniversary of Sound of the Underground only feels like a couple of years ago...

18. Now is a good time to bombard the GA camp (Fascination/Xenomania) about the lost Tangled Up track Bored Stupid.