General Girls Aloud Discussion | Page 3171 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Girls Aloud Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. In fairness Lulu sounds like a banshee being strangled singing Shout too so I'd say the song makes it worse, Don't even mention the Shabnam from Big Brother version.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  2. Opinion: 'Close to Love' is the song in their discography that perfectly encapsulates their sound.

(It came up on my Daily Mix earlier today)

Jacques, Elysium, echoamelie and 7 others like this.
  3. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

Honestly, pretty much every performance by every girl who wasn't Nadine on that show was hideously awful.

4. [​IMG]

Santi319, Stopremix and Island like this.
  5. It's at best a -6/10. Just abysmal. And the utter exuberance of the "boys" and the crowd! That proud smile!

It's also why I love pop.

ohaimanabu, Island and Santi319 like this.
  6. I don't think anyone wants to do what Nicola does.

Martyn, Floppie, echoamelie and 2 others like this.
  7. I can't believe it's been 5 years since they last toured. I always thought of myself as a huge fan but I haven't missed them as much as I thought I would have? Hopefully I'll think differently in another 5.

8. Some of whatever mystique they had has been killed by the shit-talking they've given each other post-split, as well as various other antics lowering my opinions of basically all the members except Nadine and Cheryl who both have maintained their Girls Aloud personas as individuals to some extent. Then there's "Beautiful Cause You Love Me" and the general knowledge Xenomania isn't what is was and as most of us stans are probably in our early 30's, I think we are all just quite realistic in knowing we got the best of them and that lightning really does rarely strike twice. We can agonize over the break at their peak denying us another era of gems, but clearly they were fed up, and it will take a lot to restore their pop powerhouse machine to its former glory.

In an ideal world, maybe with a bit more time, we'll get their "Tears On The Dancefloor" era, and if so, I guarantee we'll be ready to party on the dancefloor with Girls Aloud again.

marie_05, torontodj, MrJames and 8 others like this.
  9. Just putting this out there, I have a sneaky gut feeling we may have another Baby Aloud on the way #babyharding
    I could be totally wrong! Anyone know if she was drinking last night?

10. Is Sarah going out with anyone?

11. This sounds like one for @dietcokeaddict...

[​IMG]

12. I was listening to Download It by Clea today (what a song) and how good would a Girls Aloud version of that have been?

13. I spent 2009-2012 in absolute agony whilst I longed for them to return and yet these last five years have gone by in what feels like a couple of weeks.

I really do hope one day they realise that they need to come back together and do something together one last time. Perhaps we need to wait another five years before the real nostalgia can kick in.

14. They would only return if the money was right, as they don’t reallt enjoy working with one another . Nadine - Sarah Vs Kim-Cheryl- Nichola

15. This insider tea.

16. Can we please have 2 1/2 minutes of appreciation for this frequently forgotten (due to lack of GH Tour filming) Sardine moment?

Sarah is in top form and being followed by Nadine just makes for an electric performance.

vinegar-tits, upu, john2y and 3 others like this.
  17. ^ I'm so pleased I nabbed the Brighton audio of that tour from GAMedia.

Untouchable Ace likes this.

18. A MOMENT.
    Their most fun tour.

ElectricPlatypus likes this.
  19. I lost that a few years ago and I’m still sad about it.

20. I've got audio from the Brighton shows for the Chemistry, Greatest Hits and Tangled Up tours. I think the same person must've recorded them?

It's a shame the live disc in The Collection wasn't the Bournemouth Greatest Hits show - especially as it was professionally recorded.

ohaimanabu likes this.