General Girls Aloud Discussion | Page 3191 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Girls Aloud Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Just once it would have been mice if they had sung it like the studio version. Only a few years ago I realised that Nicola was in the chorus, doing her ethereal Aahs on backing vocals so there may have been that as well.

2. I hadn't noticed that before. But I've always thought the similarities between Love Bomb and Beat Of My Drum were too much to be a coincidence:

'L-O-V-E, love bomb' and 'Cha cha cha, cha cha cha cha cha'
    vs.
    'L-O-V-E, dance to the beat of my drum' and 'Cha cha, cha cha, I'm in'

And now I've just realised Beat Of My Drum shares a 'leader of the pack' lyric with Something New, which Nicola co-wrote.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  3. Yep, that too! It looks like she clearly thought about 'baby in the corner' and those things only us fans would notice!

Nadine: In other news, as I'm still not allowed on the Nadine thread! finally 'Girls on Fire' has passed 100,000 streams. September Song (127k), Gossip (64k), Something In Your Bones (36k). 'Go To Work' now clocking in at 1.223 million streams.

4. Didn't Kimberley say in her book that Cheryl was dispatched to the studio to record lines after Javine didn't make it? Why would they have done that if Cheryl had already recorded the whole song?

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  5. Maybe the takes they had were shit.

6. It was Cheryl after all.

upu, ElectricPlatypus, Larsen and 8 others like this.
  7. I'm so glad we got the line up we did. Javine got a solo career and released an album so it was all good.

8. "career"

9. DDDDDDDDDD stop

JasonJay, FresherThanYou and Leogin like this.
  10. Yeah career is pushing it but she got to release decent singles I guess...Real Things & Surrender (Your Love), were ace. I am in the minority that I loved her album and 'Touch My Fire'. Does anyone else think there any similarities apart from the 'fire' word part of course...It is a similar performance style I guess and way of singing...

11. I wonder what Javine is up to these days (day to day)

JasonJay, Ferk and ohaimanabu like this.
  12. The second half of Something New (from 'feel the beat deep underground') is a highlight of their whole discography.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  13. Anytime I hear 'Go girls, g-g-go go go' in a club.

[​IMG]

14. Javine should have done Celebrity Big Brother, She got so much shit for the Alesha/Harvey thing but if he can go in and come out pretty unscathed she should of been able to. It probably won't happen now they've had Sarah but I would live for it, I love her in interviews.

15. And then send Jamelia in...

[​IMG]

16. Having Javine, Jamelia and Harvey all in the Nana series is where they went wrong. Imagine Nana bringing it up over breakfast "Eh isn't she the one that called you a slag??".

JasonJay, Robsolete and ohaimanabu like this.
  17. What could have fookin been......

18. I can't believe Nadine's had to cancel her UK tour. I'm devastated and so sad for her, I knew her excited she was for it. Obviously....poor ticket sales are the reason and they must have sold very little tickets for them to cancel, it must have been worked out that to go ahead she'd have lost money by touring as she has to pay the venue too. She must have sold less than half, she was struggling even in Dublin her home town so it was obvious it wasn't selling great with all the offers they were putting it part of. It was slightly aiming too high and maybe a few smaller venues and only 2-3 dates will be good. I hope the press don't give her a bad time about this. Not a great day for Nadine fans! I'm guessing this will be the end of the record deal too!? It's all so sad. Hopefully she can move on from this. When I saw it on Twitter I thought it was just fans panicking again but obviously not....

19. Nadine is from Dublin now?

20. It's only around 150 mile away.