General K-Pop Rants/complaints/unpopular opinions | Page 46 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General K-Pop Rants/complaints/unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Jawshx, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Yellow Flower is good and different and pretty much just what I needed this March. Including "Starry Night."
    I didn't want to love it since I'd banned them from my playlists - but it really hits the spot on a grey why-won't-winter-go-away day or long bus ride home from the airport after seeing family members that barely tolerate you.
    I would have said so sooner but I didn't want to offend anyone. I mean that sincerely. They're still not excused. Neither is Wendy.

eliminathan likes this.
  2. The best song in their recent mini is Hwasa's solo. And it's a pretty good mini too nñn why Mamamoo why

eliminathan and Cotton Park like this.
  3. exactly

eliminathan and eccentricsimply like this.
  4. Like... I'm not only angry about what they do, but I also am just... disappointed? Upset? That women as talented as they are can't even be bothered to read a fucking history book. I try to be as understanding of the fact that people make mistakes, but they just test me too damn hard.

eliminathan and Cotton Park like this.
  5. I know. That's exactly how I feel. I really stanned them hard from Piano Man all the way through Decalcomanie. Second only to f(x), really. Then I had to kinda dump them. They were the first KPop group I played for some of my older friends. It wasn't just the blackface thing, either - I actually only recently saw the picture of that, but I had read about it and was disappointed... I had issues with the rape fantasy stuff in Delcalcomanie and really, looking back, UOAY has #MeToo issues all over it. Despite how much MoonByul looked like Xiumin.... which I did really like.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Seger and eliminathan like this.
  6. These strange Loona names for their units ain't cute for me (whhhhhhhuuuuuuuuut).
    I would have been down for 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3 with four members each with random units poppin' here and there after the three main units.
    Ugh, it's my favorite IOI song now! Clearly it was a hit for selling 800K without any kind of big promo, and just a montage for its music video. I miss them together.

He, Twinkle and Slice of Life like this.
  7. Liking Mamamoo isn't actually an unpopular opinion in general of k-pop, but as well... we know the public isn't the best at exhibiting good taste, so there's that.

Also, IOI's best ballad is this (and yes, because Chungha ate up most of it):

8. Baseless unpopular prediction: April will be big in Japan.
    Bitter opinion: Banana Allergy Monkey would have been more impactful if it was a full group comeback.

Salami likes this.
  9. Perfect Velvet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Red

Twinkle, Seger and He like this.
  10. This is basically becoming my personal thread but I gotta say that I think Black Dress, while being a bop, is not as good as CLC 2017 singles.

It's like a 6-7 for me.

SloMover, junglefish and Ceir like this.
  11. Same. I mean it's a good song but I was over it after 3 days nn.

Ceir, SloMover and Alouder98 like this.
  12. I agree. It’s probably one of my bottom tier girl group songs of 2018 along with Allergy Super Mario Monkey or whatever that song is called.

Not that Black Dress is a bad song (it’s like a solid 8.5/10) it’s just that it couldn’t compete with the likes of Bhoom Bhoom or The Boots for me.

Cotton Park and junglefish like this.
  13. I really, really, really liked the "Who Are You" video that MNet 2 did. I hope they do more of those with other groups... Then I watched the MV again a few more times and now it's completely stuck in my head. Like... I can't get rid of it. It's kind of hypnotic.

14. Letting go of Apink is still one of Cube's worst decisions. But it was probably the best thing to have happened to the girls.

Ceir likes this.
  15. I didn't even know they were under Cube at one point nn.
    Honestly, people can say whatever they want about Apink, but that a group that debuted in 2011 still manages to sell 50k+ albums and 800k singles is really impressive.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    Ceir likes this.
  16. I think they were under the A Cube sublabel, and Cube then sold it off to another company.

But yeah, as much I a complain about most of their stuff being very bland, they've got a solid musical career carved out for themselves.

junglefish likes this.
  17. They were Cube trainees expected to debut under the label. Cube later opened a sub-label, A Cube Entertainment, and the girls debuted over there. A Cube eventually became what we know now as Plan A Entertainment which debuted Victon.

Seungyeon of CLC was originally planned as a replacement after Yookyung left APink.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CLC's Eighteen was originally an APink comeback/album track with Seungyeon.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 2:33 PM
    junglefish likes this.
  18. I don't really follow APink but when did Hayoung leave? I know she's part of the group now. Is it like Sunmi teas?

junglefish and Seger like this.
  19. He might mean Yookyung.

junglefish and Seger like this.
  20. Yookyung rather.