General Madonna Discussion | Page 2407 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Madonna stans have always been particularly...challenged...when it comes to fanmade artwork, which has always confused me a little since there’s such a wealth of imagery and themes to work with.

These always make me yelp:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Larsen, Push, Raichu and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aldo Diaz, ha impacT

Ferk likes this.
  3. Very good choice!

4. I don’t think I’ve ever seen good M fan art. A lot of this probably has to do with the fact that most of the time they’re full blown manips, instead of being something more realistic.

Edit: actually this one is decent. I remember it going around before we had the album.

[​IMG]

5. LTG

LTG

And they said Avril was dead.

Larsen, joe_alouder, Push and 6 others like this.
  6. I only like the most realistic fan art, and only ever for demos or outtakes or other things that wouldn’t have a cover. It also has to match the rest of the era/artist’s art.

Raichu, FridayNight, bazayer and 4 others like this.
  7. Is that not Melissa?

LTG likes this.
  8. This. I am a big fan of fan art/ covers that are done well but they have to be congruent for the era, correct fonts, era specific pictures etc. There is a lot of shit stuff out there. I can't bear to see some appalling paint job for Crazy For You 2018 DJ Sven Remix using an instagram picture from last week.

9. That's a very good fan made art work indeed.

10. I love Femme Fatale.

11. Photoshop is hard to learn after 60.

Euphoria likes this.
  13. Apart from Britney. Anything is better than the real thing.

14. I can’t really knock fan art in general because a) freedom of expression and b) it’s literally how I figured out I wanted to be a designer but yes a lot of it is...a choice.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  15. RJF

RJF

I will honestly decapitate anyone who uses Kylie's recent success against Madonna. Like... you're out your depth. Stay celebrating "our girl" getting a No.1 album and leave the girl out of it.

16. And I will help you dispose of the body. The little shady sniping at Madonna from some of the overzealous Kylie fans is annoying. Good thing on PJ it's limited to a few people.

17. I just don’t understand why anyone would want to try to stack their fave up against Madonna. Yes, every artist has their own particular strengths but she’s literally the ultimate Popstar. The woman is living history, her career is basically modern mythology at this point. There are countless artists I adore, Kylie most definitely included, but everyone can’t help but pale in comparison to Ms. Ciccone.

18. I wish I could like this post a thousand times and sticky (& sweet) it on every page on Popjustice

nikkysan and Ferk like this.