General Madonna Discussion | Page 2411 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

Love this.

Push, thefaceofyou and Ferk like this.
  2. While I don't LOVE all the fashions of the era, when it was right, it was right. It could veer into 'mum playing dress up' ever so slightly - which is why the pink outfit in the Hung Up video working so well was a masterstroke. It almost...shouldn't have worked at all.

I love all the looks from the tour. Even when she was basically just in a black tee and trousers. She was on fire. Just wish she'd kept red hair / had it in the first place (was it always a digital paint job?).

Ferk, mattyjayy and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  3. Yes, when it was on point it was REALLY on point.

4. Her "reinventions" in the 2000's were always sort of whatever to me. They felt less thought out, less like an evolution and more just dress up for a couple of events. "Let me throw on a cowgirl outfit for this Letterman appearance so it looks like I've reinvented myself again" kind of thing. I don't mind that she's mostly dropped that over the last few albums.

5. Yeah, Ray Of Light was a bit overwhelming when she literally reinvented her entire image with each single release. Visually it was very exciting but it also got a bit try-hard towards the end. During Erotica it felt like there was progression but during Ray of Light it felt more random.

6. God that EMA performance was such a triumph. The buzz around it, even over here, was amazing.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Push, mattyjayy and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  7. Yep, a classic Madonna era, through and through.

Ferk and Push like this.
  8. LTG

LTG

Marvel: Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover event in history.

Me:

9. I for one am desperate for her to go back to dressing up. She seems to have had the same hollywood waves and black lace/leather outfit on for coming up 8 years.

10. And she looks great!

11. I prefer Madonna to be Madonna over some character of the week. It’s one thing if the looks are inspired and have a genuine concept behind them, but that was never really the case beyond Dita.

12. Eh. I like that she's just being herself.

FridayNight, nikkysan and Ferk like this.
  13. Uuughhhhh y’all so boring, she could at least get a haircut.

14. Beyoncé Giselle got me thinking...what would a Madonna Coachella slot look like? And NO the one in 2006 does NOT count.

nikkysan and Mirwais Ahmadzaï like this.
  15. At least she’s got rid of the Iggy Pop haircut she favoured for what feels like an eternity.

16. I think she will be sporting her blonde waves til the end though. It's her final look and the one she likes best on herself, I guess. Lately she's made a lovely throwback to her Live To Tell classic look:[​IMG]

17. RJF

RJF

The permanent scar on the inside of Drake's bottom lip.

LOTF, fancygreen, FridayNight and 9 others like this.