General Video Games discussion | Page 648 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. Actually the 3DS is the perfect place for Ace Attorney cause after Apollo Justice is released for it in a couple of weeks, all 6 games will be available on it.

I actually only got into the series last year. Now really looking forward to playing Apollo Justice, the only one I haven't played yet.

2. Ace Attorney is perfect on the 3DS but I will still get it for the switch of course. Love that series.

soratami likes this.
  3. Still playing through post-game content on Odyssey and BREAKDOWN ROAD CAN CHOKE.

HeartSwells likes this.
  4. I legitimately shat my self when she screamed and the birds flew up!

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  5. Anyone got to the 500 moon area?

basically a grandmaster galaxy, wasn't too bad in the end, they hand you plenty of hearts.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  6. The fork-flicking part was the only part I found to seem truly hellacious. Not going to lie, Cappy's dialogue as you climb the skyscraper left me feeling things. What a stupendous game.

HeartSwells likes this.
  7. I’ve spent my weekend addicted to Mario V Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

It’s a lot of fun and totally my type of humour.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  8. I'm glad someone else from here enjoys it! I found it very joyous and the rabbids weren't annoying like I feared they would be. I love how they poke some fun at the mario characters (especially how annoying Toad and Toadette are Ddd).

9. I just love that if you get a game over, Rabbid Peach storms off camera and then throws her wig, crown and earrings back.

soratami and johnny_tsunami like this.
  10. I appreciate the games are expensive and they need new revenue streams, but loot boxes and micro transactions that utilise predatory gambling mechanics and target youths as a primary audience need to just fuck off.

Overdose, RUNAWAY, Chris_P and 4 others like this.
  11. I'm not a fan of loot boxes, but I will say avid gamers are one of the most entitled groups of people I can think of.

12. This is bullshit. Finding new ways to create revenue doesn’t include, for example, loot boxes that openly drop in front of other players to tempt them into also paying.

As Diamond said above, it’s predatory. I’m not co-signing that shit.

Overdose and diamondliam like this.
  13. literally all advertising is fucking predatory

14. There’s literally evidence of companies using hidden gambling mechanics to manipulate peoples experiences in buying more.

15. I mean, I sincerely believe you and think it has more to do with the sustainability of the video game industry as it is now but I also think it is more a failing of the Ratings Systems to not address it as such to make sure it is not in front of these kids and if a game wants a certain rating, it can't have it in there.

Lost Boy likes this.
  16. He

He

But this is literally the problem with gamers expecting triple A games, isn't it? It is not sustainable, and in incredible risk for companies. Development costs are extremely high for these titles, but game prices have remained the same for a long time.

Not that I agree with the model proposed, though.

17. Personally I don't mind microtransactions (such as additional vehicles and circuits in racing games) but lootboxes are just awful.