General Video Games discussion | Page 693 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. Just finished playing Hacker's Memory and it's surprisingly so sad.

soratami and DoggySwami like this.
  2. Fix'd. The trajectory of Ys has been weird and convoluted over time and even though there are Ys titled I-VIII (though there are two games titled Ys IV), your best run-through is as follows, on PC, using the chronology of the series:
    • Ys Origin (Ys 0)
    • Ys I & II Chronicles Plus [You can probably ignore these as their 'bump' play mechanic is infuriating, your mileage will vary]
    • Ys: Memories of Celceta (This game replaces the older Ys IV: Mask of the Sun & Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys titles) [This will be the most awkward title to play on PC, as it's a Vita exclusive ... except for a wonky PC release in China only, that you can get an unofficial English patch for]
    • Ys: The Oath in Felghana (This game replaces the older Ys III: Wanderers from Ys)
    • Ys V: Lost Kefin, The Lost City of Sand AKA Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand [You'll need a SNES emulator + an unofficial English patch. There's also a PS2 remake, but no English translation, patch or release exists]
    • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana [Out on Vita & PS4, PC & Switch versions are '2018', thanks to the studio going with a different publisher, who utterly fucked up the translation, it's pushed back the PC/Switch releases. The Vita/PS4 releases should be receiving a patch to fix the translation very shortly]
    • Ys Seven (yes, not VII)
    Ys is a fantastic hack-n-slash action-JRPG series, with stupendous soundtracks throughout.

evilsin, ephemeralartery and soratami like this.
  3. New Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer from D23 Expo:

The worlds look massive and the combat super clean and exciting, I'm so ready. Sora's Monster Inc. costume though...

[​IMG]

papatrick, evilsin, Lander and 12 others like this.
  4. I never played any of the other games but I'll definitely look into them now! They already re-did the localisation by the way, the current one is great.

5. I'm very happy about Harvest Moon: Light of Hope coming to Switch in May 2018!

6. Harvest Moon will never be glamour after that time they made it so female characters' games ended and forced you to restart as soon as they got married but male characters could continue on forever.

[​IMG]

7. [​IMG]
    plz always use this gif in it's most gorgeous 60fps form

8. You should be playing Stardew Valley.

9. I liked Stardew Valley but found the combat to be underwhelming. Hope we see the return of Rune Factory it Fantasy Life. I like the crafting and hunt for materials aspect of them more than the actual farming.

Hope this Re:Legend is any good.

send photo and soratami like this.
  10. I've been watching this game since the kickstarter, probably one of the games I'm most hyped for!

Harvest Moon is dead, but I'm cautiously perched for Story of Seasons to move to the Switch. Their 3DS games feel... samey since A New Beginning and their home console games are where they shine (64, A Wonderful Life, Magical Melody). A reason I haven't picked up Trio of Towns is I'm tired of them ignoring same sex marriages. Cross-dressing is a small work-around but seriously, it's 2018.

evilsin and HeartSwells like this.
  11. I WANT THE ORIGINAL SIMS TO BE PORTED TO MAC FUCK

12. I was wondering how different that is from the original Cyber Sleuth. I loved that one but it hasn't been one year since I played it and if Hacker's Memory is too similar (which is kind of the impression I get), I'd rather wait a little bit more before I get it.

13. This post has made me decide to buy Ys for Switch when it releases, it looks really fun!

aaronhansome and soratami like this.
  14. It looks like some marginally talented fan drew it. SO bad. Goofy looks horrific as well.

15. I can’t fucking wait!!! This has been my most anticipated game for like 10+ years now

WhenTheSunGoesDown and papatrick like this.
  16. dddd you still play that? If i'd known I would've joined you for a couple of games.

17. I only got it a few weeks ago ñnn

munro likes this.
  18. Me seeing every new dumbass Kingdom Hearts design:

evilsin, BEST FICTION, Lander and 6 others like this.