General Video Games discussion | Page 722 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. Hellblade is sweeping the BAFTA game awards.

LE0Night likes this.
  2. Even though the game play and overall story of the previous games was good, Kratos was always a fairly one-dimensional character. Based on reviews and some of the teasers, that apparently isn't the case with the new 'God of War' game, which expands on Kratos' character and explores his relationship with his young son.

3. What's wrong with button mashing? Anyway, I'm ready for Kratos to use and abuse my bussy

LiK likes this.
  4. LiK

LiK

Kratos character being one dimensional wasn't a bad thing in the previous games. We saw why his character became the way he did. Him being anything else in previous games wouldn't have meshed well with his arc.

And even so we still saw different sides to him so he wasn't fully heartless.

5. YES.

nikkysan likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

Aidan and evilsin like this.
  7. I find that so annoying. I'd never heard of any other disc-based system that doesn't play audio CDs.

Empty Shoebox likes this.
  8. Every Nintendo console ever?

9. Relatable. I didn't get a memory card until later and I remember even going to a friend's house (who didn't have a memory card either) after she called me telling me she finally reached World 5... Good times.

10. You mean the Wii, Wii U and Switch.

Fair enough, but apparently those can't even play DVDs, unlike the Sony consoles, so it's not surprising they can't play CDs either.

11. The Gamecube didn't play CDs either and it was disc-based dddd

12. Huh. For some reason I'd always thought the GameCube used cartridges.

13. Clearly the best compromise was to play CDs, but only the first nine tracks. Well done Sega Dreamcast.

soratami and KamikazeHeart like this.
  14. Whhhhhat! Mini discs daaahling.

soratami and He like this.
  15. *cough*

[​IMG]

16. The Panasonic Q is a different thing and Japan-only!

nikkysan likes this.
  17. Sure, Jan.

18. I mean, I'm right though. The standard Nintendo Gamecube that the vast majority of people played did not play CDs.

19. Ni No Kuni 2 is just so damn charming, across the board. Not saying it doesn't have a few stumbles (lack of voice acting, how utterly bored I continue to be with skirmishes), but any game that uses words like "snickersneeze" in its writing are ace in my book.

soratami likes this.