Girl Groups Debut Singles Rate (#25) | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl Groups Debut Singles Rate (#25)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Alouder98, May 4, 2017.

1. For .... Real? ... Like seriously??? Y'all don't like Dr. Feel Good???? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!!!!???? I feel like I don't know any of you at all anymore.

2. The same people who are thirsting for Beatles to get the boot.

[​IMG]

Deja-Boo and ryan_riot92 like this.
  3. 28th

[​IMG]

Berry Good - Love Letter

Average: 6.068

Highest score: 9.5 x 1 (@LightningRider) 8.75 x 1 (@Alouder98)
    Lowest score: 3 x 1 (@McQueer) 3.5 x 1 (@Deja-Boo)
    My score: 8.75

Queens of beating many big groups without receiving any 10s (y'all remember Don't Believe in SOTY Rate, don't you?). Queens of challenging themselves with different concepts and doing all of them great (well if you forget Bibidi... exists, like me), Brown Eyed Girls who? As you can see, this song didn't receive very low scores in comparison to the other songs that have been eliminated so far but lack of high scores and the fact that about 80% of the voters gave this scores between 5 and 7 stopped Berry Good girls from reaching to the second half of the rate, while the few next cuts received more low scores than Love Letter.

[​IMG]

Okay enough about boring mathematical facts, I really love this song. It's a great attempt at cute&innocent concept that APink wish they had in their career. Sweet melody during the chorus is definitely the highlight of this song for me. The only thing that I don't like about it is the over-cute rap part in the beginning which stopped me from giving this a 10.

[​IMG]
    Berry Good girls don't want to leave the rate

I start the comments with the biggest cute concept supporter, ryan_riot92 ''I’m not ashamed to admit that I love this Berry Good! I mean, the couple of releases after that and before “Angel” were …. nothing to write home about, but THIS was fantastic. Cute and bubbly but not too sugary sweet!'' Y'all know Squashua is on Team Perfection but if I wanted to put him on another group, my choice definitely would be Team Newbies ''Berry Good are such a weird group - from this slice of Disney actress first album lead single to Angel's orchestral faith hymnal, Don't Believe's trop-pop masterpiece and then whatever happened with BipBopBoo. What a discography, and none of it bad either.'' Cotton Park is a fan of this song, as well ''Those blue dresses rock. Especially with the ecru pumps. Great little anthem, too. Love it''. I didn't knew this song is a cover/re-make until I read D is for Danger's commentary ''I paid dust to Berry Good until they released the ethereally sublime Angel. I first listened to this after someone recommended the track on Twitter and I was pleasantly surprised. I've said many times that I am not a fan of cute concepts, but I can make the exception when the song is interesting. The producers did enough with the track to grab my attention. The chorus to this is just incredible. I absolutely love the melody! I was also surprised to learn, much later, that this song was a cover of Click-B's song by the same name.''

Like I said many of you guys found this song not bad, but also not great. ThisIsRogue '' It's actually not that terrible''. SloMover ''I was hoping to be able to call this "Berry Bad" but it's sorta cute''.Reboot '' *Puts on Don’t Believe* ''

And some of you guys compared this with some other groups' songs. He ''A-Pink is that you? This is unremarkable… not here for it.'' Slice of Life ''Okay, but someone needs to explain to me what the hell is happening in this music video. I don't get it dddd. The color palette used is really pretty though. I want it for my room. Kekeke. Okay, as for the song, I find it sufficient. It sounds like a b-side from a Sistar summer album, if Sistar were releasing summer albums during their first few years. Again, I'm gonna deduct points for being unmemorable. You either go hard or go home with your debuts, unnies! STEP IT UP!'' Really? Can you really imagine Hyorin singing these kinda songs? Okay and the last comment by ThighHighs '' On first listen I really hated this, but now I kinda like it. It sounds like a christian rock song, but I can get into the vibe. That video courting the furrie crowd is a CHOICE though.''

4. [​IMG]

27th

[​IMG]

GI - Beatles

Average: 6.27

Highest score: 10 x 3 (@Deja-Boo @D is for Danger! @ryan_riot92)
    Lowest score: 2 x 1 (@Sanctuary) 3 x 1 (@LOOΠΔ)
    My score:

Okay, first of all, a few of you asked who are GI or what happened to them, so here's a short biography.GI or Global Icon were a group formed by a small company called Simtong Entertainment that as you know debuted with a ''boyish'' concept. According to their members,''We’re going to be different from the cute and sexy girl groups that come out almost once every week with our music and style. You can look forward to them''.
    But unfortunately after a couple of comebacks the group faced some problems with their label and got involved into a controversy about having an ''unfit for broadcasting'' video which led some of the members to leave the group and later when they tried a feminine concept ,which was far from their original ''tomboyish'' concept, for their single ''Doligo Doligo'', they didn't receive good receptions from reviewers. From what I know, their company haven't said anything about their disbandment yet, but K-Pop sites say that they possibly disbanded in 2016.
    Speaking about the song, I like their concept. It's something unique and cool but the song is meh. I like the chorus but overall the song doesn't go anywhere for me and It's not one of those songs that I want to play for a second time.

Starting the comments with Reboot who has a same opinion as me ''Cool concept. The song? No thanks''.Squashua also thinks this song goes nowhere ''I was here for the vague Jay-Z vibes then it just didn’t go anywhere. Kinda boring and a bit too try-hard especially after coming after Wa$$up who are are ratchet but endearingly so''. Slice of Life is losing his second ''a bit nothingy'' in one day (the first one was in Winners Rate) ''Cute if a bit nothingy. I don't mind it but I don't really like it that much. I appreciate the effort to change things up concept-wise but this didn't make a fan. Sawry. The glittery jumpsuits (I think?) are a lqqk though. x'' ThighHighs appreciates the group for having an unique concept ''I can get into a group of studs. The song isn’t up to much, but this is a group I had only ever seen mentioned in passing that offered something new. Good for them.'' send photo sent the gif below and said ''if someone picks a better quality gif of this then just ignore me'':

[​IMG]

But who is responsible for this song beating more than 20 songs in this rate? ThisIsRogue '' I love their debut concept. When so many groups go for cute, sweet, nice or some combination of those three, it's refreshing to get something a little edgier.'' D is for Danger's comment makes me think about how good the sub-forum's taste is these days ''Everyone on the forum was blown away by this debut. I think it even managed to reach number one on the now defunct 3Xs chart. By the way, where's that KARA Excel spreadsheet at @3Xs?! As with everything that isn't cute or from a major entertainment company, Koreans totally ignored this. This was a true hip hop and tomboy concept that we might never see again in kpop. It was ahead of its time as no one was really releasing music that went this hard back in 2013. The rap verses and sung pre-chorus showed off a hard and soft contrast, something I love a little too much. Too bad this group bit the dust after the members and label had a dispute.'' He actually didn't give this song a high score but he said the song is decent so I'm putting him in ''Fans'' section ''This looks like it was shot at the Oh No She Better Don’t video set, but the song is surprisingly decent. What became of these girls? They seemed good.''
    I lost count of the 10s that ryan_riot92 has lost so far, but Beatles is another one ''THIS … everything about this track is amazing. Style, sound, and choreography!! This was definitely one of the best and one of the most underrated tracks to come from 2013! The electro chanting is very hypnotic''.

After surviving the last 18 eliminations, The Legends section will lose a song with the next elimination. Any predictions?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  5. I was such stan for GI! Even their second single! MV for that was basically a minute long behind the scenes from photoshoot. Iconic. It has 21k views.

I'm pretty sure I posted Beatles MV on forum first. Such influencer I am.

Alouder98 likes this.
  6. Yas clock ha

7. I think this was my lowest score left so we're going alright!

Now for a couple of probably unpopular opinions of mine to leave please.

Slice of Life and Alouder98 like this.
  8. A Beige still got cut first.

[​IMG]

9. I'm afraid that none of my 10s will make the top 3 .... Y'all did Berry Good and GI so dirty. I couldn't even bring myself to like the post for Beatles ... but I will for the sake of @Alouder98.

Alouder98, Deja-Boo and Cotton Park like this.
  10. It's fine I still have plenty of high scores left!
    Now let's get rid of PRISTIN!

11. T-ara can go.

Kuhleezi likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

13. @Alouder98 This rate is actually so great! I wish I'd joined earlier so I could participate.

That said, I just wanted to remind y'all that RaNia had these bops after that messy debut

My 'Oml I'm Leaving the House' Anthem - 'STYLE'

My 'I don't need a man' Anthem - 'JUST GO'

14. Yesss stan their best two singles!

15. And all on one mini-album
    [​IMG]

16. BP Rania is so shit that I pretend the group disbanded.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  17. I really should have voted in this... y'all did so many songs dirty.

Alouder98 and Slice of Life like this.
  18. I still have 13 songs below a 5, so I'm expecting to embrace my role as rate villain soon.
    [​IMG]

19. T-ARA better be top 5 or else people are getting force fed rice cakes!

ryan_riot92 and He like this.